Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
[SOLD] Black Honeywell Pentax H3 with Auto-Takumar f/1.8 55mm (US/CAN)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Black Honeywell Pentax H3 with Auto-Takumar f/1.8 55mm

Asking Price
$200.00 / $170.00

Item Location
Connecticut

Item Description
Honeywell Pentax H3 with (or without) Auto-Takumar 55mm f/1.8.

I'll sell this camera with the correct Auto Takumar 55mm f/1.8 lens ($200.00) or without the lens ($170.00). Please note that the lens shown is not the exact lens that will come with the camera, but the lens will be in excellent condition as well. Every bit the match to the show piece body. (The lens shown is a semi-rare variant of this Auto Takumar, having an earlier and more elaborate stencil).

The body is in extremely good condition. While the base plate is not shown it has NO chipping or brassing based on the application of clear tape. This may have been done at the factory, but has preserved the base plate very nicely. Camera is not perfect, but as nearly so as one might expect given its age of approximately 50 years. There is a very small pick on the prism, and a couple of other places where the paint look a little worn, but no real brassing, dents, etc. Even the white paint ** is ** white, not dirty brown.

It is pretty rare to see one of these in this condition. It has not had a CLA. When I purchased it I took a roll or two. On a couple of frames the shutter ran a little slow. I have however held off on having it cleaned. If I had, I'd sell it for more. Over all this a very nice collectible. I am sorry to sell it. A recent accident with my K10D forces this sale. (Friends, don't let tipsy friends hold your cameras!)

Someone talk me out of this... A lot of you know I love my vintage Pentaxes, and shoot AP Originals and such. Despite loving the AP, the H3/S3 remains my favorite model of the early models for a variety of reasons... Since I have a chrome one, I can only just barely see myself clear to letting this one go.

[img]http://photos.papoosepublishing.com/img/s6/v5/p492089557-4.jpg[img]

woof!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Seven Days from Receipt, condition same as sent, buyer to pick up shipping cost.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

07-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Getting the straight jacket out of the closet and locking myself in . . .

QuoteQuote:
Someone talk me out of this... A lot of you know I love my vintage Pentaxes, and shoot AP Originals and such. Despite loving the AP, the H3/S3 remains my favorite model of the early models for a variety of reasons... Since I have a chrome one, I can only just barely see myself clear to letting this one go.
I'd suggest selling the chrome one but I know this one has more value as far as raising funds go.
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'd suggest selling the chrome one but I know this one has more value as far as raising funds go.
That and I half believe this will not sell here.

woof