PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Panagor 90mm f2.8 1:1 Macro

Asking Price
$175 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO (United States)

Item Description

This lens has a pretty good reputation for macro. It's made by Kiron (I think). It does 1:1 magnification with no adapters or accessories. It's a basic K-mount, so manual-focus, stop-down metering, and M mode on a DSLR. It has 8 aperture blades and the aperture ring clicks at full and half stops from f2.8 up to f16, then right to f22.

The lens works well. The glass has no scratches, haze, fungus or marks. The aperture blades are snappy and oil-free. The focus is consistent through its considerable range, about 2 3/4 turns. Focus effort is on the heavy side. I don't know if "they are all like that" or what, but it's almost a workout to focus from infinity to the minimum distance. These 1:1 macros are complex inside so I decided it worked well enough for me. It also focuses in the opposite direction of a typical Pentax lens, which I forget at first. (In normal use, the extra effort is not a hindrance, because you're not likely to go from infinity to minimum distance a lot.) Filter size is 62mm.

This lens is marked for dental use with some aging labels. A flash bracket that clamps on to the front of the lens, with a metal shoe for a small flash, is included. The bracket covers up the filter threads but has its own threads for a 55mm filter. There's a couple of photos of this in the album. The flash in the photos is just for illustration; it doesn't work. Front and rear generic caps included.

The lens is capable of great work. If you search here, several others have posted excellent shots. My shots are good enough to know the lens is better than me. It replaced a Pentax-M 100/4 for me, and I thought it was a lot better - more magnification, brighter, easier to focus and works better with tubes. I have used it for general work as well and it works fine. Last year I got the Tamron 90/2.5 and that took over for general non-macro use.

A complete photo album is here. Here's a size comparison between other macros I have, Panagor, Tamron 90mm Adaptall and Vivitar/Komine 55mm f2.8, fully extended.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$9 US, $24 Canada, ~$35 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I cover the Paypal fees. Worldwide shipping quotes given on request, most places are within a few dollars of $35. I can ship within 24 hours of payment or sooner, unless it's a weekend.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Just1MoreDave; 10-17-2011 at 02:07 PM.
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
Original Poster
A few sample photos of mine have been added to the album, though the lens is better than me.
10-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
Original Poster
It's the perfect gift for Election Day!
10-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 42 (100%)
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! No one has bought this yet? Wow...

--