PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 90mm f2.5 Adaptall-2 1:2 Macro + PK Adapter

Asking Price
$120 US

Item Location
Aurora CO (United States)

Item Description

Here's a good mix between macro, portrait, and fast telephoto in a good focal length for APS-C. This is the cosmetic update of the popular model 52B, adding a rubber grip, a window over the distance scale and using a 55mm filter size. It has 9 aperture blades and manual focus. The aperture ring clicks at f2.5, something before f4 that might be f3.5, full and half-stops from f4 to f16, then f22 and f32. If you had a PK-A mount, f32 isn't available but you can select any full, half or third stop from f2.5 to f22.

There are two problems that are mostly cosmetic: the window over the distance scale is cracked and the filter ring was damaged. The window is still intact. I think the only issue here is that it's weaker and might not do well in another impact. The filter threads were bent so I fixed them well enough to mount a metal rim from a filter with its glass removed. That allows the use of other filters or hoods without problems. The lens had lugs for a bayonet-mount hood. One of those is damaged enough to cause trouble with that hood, saving you the cost and effort of finding one. See the album for photos of the filter ring with/without the metal rim.

I'm selling this with the PK Adaptall-2 mount included in the price, more or less $100 lens + $20 adapter. I might grudgingly agree to some other arrangement. I never got a working PK-A mount for it. Generic caps are included.

This is the most consistent performing lens I have. It's really good wide open, then it gets better at the first click of the aperture ring. After that you're mostly stopping down for more depth of field. It's a bit heavy and extends a lot (about twice its length) but not any different from other macros.

The lens does have a known problem that appears around f11, probably a sensor reflection off the rear element. Images show a small purple spot in the center of the frame, at small apertures. I've included a sample of this at f22, with contrast way up and exposure down. It won't ever look that bad in real images but it gives you an idea of the size of the spot. I used this lens almost exclusively in conditions where the spot wasn't a problem, but be aware of it if you won't. I used this lens for portraits and general use a lot, and it was great at that. I'm replacing this lens with exactly the same thing, except in an autofocus mount (model 52E) so I'll still have the spot problem, but I don't worry about it. See the lens review section for other comments about the spot.

Lots of images of tthe lens are in this album. Here's a size comparison with the Panagor 90mm and Vivitar 55mm f2.8 macros:

I cover Paypal fees and I can ship within 24 hours of payment except for weekends.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$9 US, $24 Canada, ~$33 World

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Worldwide shipping quotes on request.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Just1MoreDave; 10-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
This a beautiful lens, everything Justonemoe says. My copy is serial 8002887 and for some reason is stamped 52B although it is a 52BB, post 1988 when the 52B was superceded. Solid, compact and SHARP at all aperture.
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
is this 1:1 with the adapter?