Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Nice Film Kit - Ricoh XR-7 with Rikenon P 50/2; Super Program kit sold

Pentax Super Program 35mm SLR with Pentax-A SMC 50mm f/1.7 lens and ME winder II - $59 SOLD
Ricoh Rikenon XR-7 35mm SLR with Rikenon P 50mm f/2 lens - $29
Now $19

Shipping $10 for one or $12 for both kits in US. International shipping available, please ask about rates to your country. Lower offers will be considered, but a full price offer will take 'em. I won't mark as a "gift" for customs purposes, sorry.

Alas, I just don't shoot film anymore, so these two kits lead off my spring cleaning efforts. Both are functional without obvious need of repairs, but see below for more notes. I will throw in a free expired roll of either Velvia or Tmax 100 film to get you going. All items can be returned if not as described for a full refund, but please read descriptions carefully and if you have specific concerns please ask questions first.

The Super Program is in nice condition, with some minimal signs of use and 1 or two tiny spots of corrosion at seams. I had it fully serviced a few years ago for a battery drain, and it has been fine since. No problems with internal LCD or shutter issues. It has a grip on it, but that can be removed and the ME winder II can be attached for rapid film shooting. (The round cap covering the winder attachment site is missing, no idea how that could have disappeared but there you go.) A cool vintage strap is also included.

The A 50/1.7, probably worth the purchase price alone, is a great little lens. Sharp, contrasty and colorful, especially stopped down a bit. Glass is clear beyond a few dust specks, and focus is smooth. The aperture was stuck when I got it, and I repaired it myself with some minor complications - I lost the little ball bearing that produces clicks as you turn the aperture ring, and I just discarded the plastic lever that broke off inside. As a result the aperture ring turns steplessly (although there is enough friction that it would never move on its own) and you do not have to depress the little button to move out of "A" position. On a DSLR I left it on A always, so never noticed either of these two issues, but to take full advantage of the Super Program you might. Lens includes an Asahi Pentax front cap.

The Rikenon XR-7 I have used less, and the lens barely at all. I really like the operation of the XR-7, which has AV mode similar to the ME Super but has better features (Judas window, multiple exposure button) and feels better in the hand. Some of the paint is missing off the frotn Ricoh, but otherwise it looks pretty good. I haven't had this one serviced, but shutter sounds good by ear and meter tests out compared with other bodies. I put at least one roll of film through it which turned out fine. I will include an old Pentax strap with this one too.

The Rikenon P 50/2 supposedly is one of (the?) sharpest 50mm lenses ever. Performs similarly to the A 50/1.7 in my limited use, with a slightly different color cast. It does have the P setting, and a rounded BB-type Ricoh pin, so caution should be used putting on an AF Pentax body (including a DSLR) but it has not gotten stuck for me with several mountings, and is the type that should pop off easily toggling the AF button if it did get stuck. (I take no responsibility for damage to any other body, though). Ricoh front lens cap is included.

Please ask any questions you might have, as above. Thanks for looking, and happy shopping! Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 07-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.
04-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
XR-7 and 50/2 reduced to $19. Would be willing to split it up if anyone wants that.
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A few samples of the Rikenon P 50, wide open, on a DSLR, below (no problems mounting and unmounting, either). 2nd is a 100% crop of the focus area from the first shot. Very, very sharp lens.

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 07-24-2013 at 04:09 PM.
05-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Might just give the Ricoh to Goodwill, unless someone is interested.

06-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
Might just give the Ricoh to Goodwill, unless someone is interested.
Ricoh film kit still available. Will throw in two rolls (expired) film!
06-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
Ricoh film kit still available. Will throw in two rolls (expired) film!
Last chance, $25 shipped (in US) on the XR-7 with strap and 50/2 lens.
06-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Nick, I am surprised the Ricoh has not sold. I bought my first one (met with an unfortunate accident) new in 1982 and can affirm that it is a top-class little camera and better (IMHO) than the ME Super. At least that is what I thought back in 1982 and my opinion has not changed. In fact, it was top-rated over the Pentax by Consumer Reports.

I still have my second one (bought at auction about 3 years ago), otherwise I would snag this one up.

Steve