Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PhotoME problem...

Anybody else having a problem with PhotoME that it won't bring up the Maker's Notes? Everything was going along fine until the latest update and now I've lost that function, and can't see the camera actuation number. Anybody have a suggestion how to get it back?
Brian

02-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
baw

Works ok here. Perhaps you did some editing on your images? This could strip the Maker Notes.
02-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Anybody else having a problem with PhotoME that it won't bring up the Maker's Notes? Everything was going along fine until the latest update and now I've lost that function, and can't see the camera actuation number. Anybody have a suggestion how to get it back?
Brian
Works here as well.
Try a RAW image to be sure.

- Bert
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Everything was going along fine until the latest update"

I guess I will not update for a while.
Can you roll back to last known good configuration?.

Cheers, Mike.

02-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just checked my version which has all of the latest updates and it is working just as it should.
02-23-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Moved the post processing section.
02-25-2009, 05:16 AM   #7

Hello,

QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Anybody else having a problem with PhotoME that it won't bring up the Maker's Notes? Everything was going along fine until the latest update and now I've lost that function, and can't see the camera actuation number.
There are no known problems with the latest release. I assume there was a problem with the update-server while you've downloaded the update, so one of the databases are defect.

QuoteQuote:
Anybody have a suggestion how to get it back?
Please open the folder:
C:\Program files\PhotoME\data\

Can you please compress the content of this folder and the content of the sub-folder (makernotes) using ZIP or RAR and send it to photome@inbox.com?

After you've done that, please delete the file update.xml, which is located in the data-directory.
Now run the Update-function of PhotoME (in PhotoME: Settings-menu -> Online-update...).
After the Update-process is finished everything should work again.

Cu, Jens
---
Author of PhotoME