Lens: Sigma 105mm and 50mm reversed Camera: K-7 
Posted By: yeatzee, 05-08-2010, 01:27 AM

Views: 1,560
05-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yikes, spikes!

Great shot again! Almost abstract, but after the last one you posted, I know what it is .
Take care that the highlights don't become too prominent!!

BTW: that Sigma coupled with a 50mm reversed: which 50mm? Do they have the same filter tread size? If not, I guess the 50mm is smaller? How does that influence the light and FoV?
05-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Yikes, spikes!

Great shot again! Almost abstract, but after the last one you posted, I know what it is .
Take care that the highlights don't become too prominent!!

BTW: that Sigma coupled with a 50mm reversed: which 50mm? Do they have the same filter tread size? If not, I guess the 50mm is smaller? How does that influence the light and FoV?
Thanks rense. Its difficult when water droplets are part of the equation, considering how reflective they are. I plan on attemping your DIY flash idea with my speed light somehow added to the mix tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I use my M 50mm F/1.7 as a reversed lens. No the M 50mm is 49mm I believe and the sigma is 58mm (if memory serves me right) so I just place the 50mm centered as best as I can and tape it up.

Could you expand on your last question?
05-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks! If you put a smaller lens in front of a larger one, like you do, you obstruct the light coming in, it seems. Or not? And if you put a too long, or too narrow hood on a lens, you'll get vignetting. How about a smaller lens in front of a larger one???

05-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Thanks! If you put a smaller lens in front of a larger one, like you do, you obstruct the light coming in, it seems. Or not? And if you put a too long, or too narrow hood on a lens, you'll get vignetting. How about a smaller lens in front of a larger one???
TBH Im not sure how much light I lose with it on, not a noticeable amount but than again I've never tried this techique with natural light.

Vigetting only occurs when I have the 50mm stopped down to F/3.5 or more...
05-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
and another