Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tidal bore
Lens: Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f1.4 Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Bay of Mt St Michel, France ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: hcc, 12-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Tidal bore at sunset with Mt St Michel in the background. The bore advanced from right to left at about 10 km/h (2.3 m/s, or 6 mph). The wreck in the foreground right is an old German WWII truck.

Minimum PP with PDCU 4.2. The shot was part of a series of Hi continuous shots taken during the bore passage.

The advancing bore represents the leading edge of the flood tide. The bore was awesome and the photo barely show the majesty of this natural process.

Comments very welcome...
Views: 2,315
12-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting subject and the colors are nice, but the picture is a bit soft. You might also like to try boosting the contrast just a little. I've never seen a tidal bore but know they're magnificent. Thanks for posting this.
12-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Very interesting subject and the colors are nice, but the picture is a bit soft. You might also like to try boosting the contrast just a little. I've never seen a tidal bore but know they're magnificent. Thanks for posting this.
Tamia,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to work on the contrast in PP.
I try to shoot often tidal bores, but the physical process is rare indeed.