Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Debut Gallery
Camera: Pentax K-x 
Posted By: Zafar Iqbal, 03-26-2011, 08:34 PM

Hello,

I bought my first dSLR, a K-x, about 5 months ago and had no proper prior experience with photography. It was actually a bad timing with the purchase since I was very busy with work, and when I did have time for some photography, lighting conditions were typically very dark due to winter season here in Denmark. It wasn't till January that light started to get better (for a noob ), I started feeling somewhat comfortable with the camera and the rate I shot at started to increase as well.

I've been interested in photography for some time but didn't want to risk spending too much only to find out I didn't like this hobby. The initial interest came from my work as a 3D artist and lighting that goes along with it. Buying a dSLR is the best thing I've done for a long time. Not only is it "fun" to shoot, but what I learn can be applied to my work as as well, in several different ways.

I felt it's time to show what I've been up to. I wanted to show some of the potos I've been taking directly in this thread, but I think there's too many and some might not like that - so I set up a simply gallery and would like to direct you guys and gals to it. Please bear in mind that not all of the pics are what I consider to be "best". They range from 2 to 3 stars in my book. 3 stars being the highest rating I apply to a really superb pic (but.. some of the stuff isn't even worth the rating they currently have any more.. oh well ).

My Debut Gallery - chronologically ordered - oldest first (most were taken within the past few months)

C&C are more than welcome.

I've been very happy with my K-x even though it belongs in the entry level class. I do have 2 issues with it though, one being with Pentax in general: at times it's a bit sad that Pentax isn't more available. It makes shopping a difficult and requires patience. The other, which I'm sure is a matter of getting used to, is the screen on the K-x. I tend to underexpose my shots because they look overexposed on the screen. I know it's not meant to be an accurate representation (and I really should look at the histogram more), but still... anyways, all in all not something too serious.

And to have at least something to show here.. one of my recent and all time favorites. It's not very original but I like it. Shot handheld with Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 lens:

Views: 1,593
03-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome and I am with you, very nice shot and I will take a look at your gallery. looking forward to more photos. thanks Bob
03-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The red bicycle is my favorite...nice shots in there!
Regards!
03-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats on your fine camera !

Personally I liked #6, #11 and #15 the best. Though I did notice you are shooting at very low shutter speeds - hope that was on a tripod ? If not get one quick !

03-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots in your gallery. Glad you are enjoying your camera. Hope to see more from you.
03-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind comments. Much appreciated.

Frogfish: I don't own any tripod yet. My next plan is to purchase a bicycle to increase mobility and then a tripod. But you are right. I really should get one.