Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cutest bird of the Western Palearctic (courtesy of Sweetest husband in WP)
Lens: DA* 300mm f4 + 1.7x tc Camera: Pentax k5 Photo Location: Hirtshals, Denmark ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: MetteHHH, 11-21-2011, 06:35 AM

It wasn't my birthday, I did nothing to deserve it. But my husband went mad and suddenly gave me a DA* 300mm f4. For no reason at all.

On the day we went out to test it, I spotted this little auk, official winner (on my bird list) of the title Cutest Bird of the Western Palearctic.

I am much too lucky - and I wanted to share it - so I hope you like it!

Attached Images

Views: 1,157
11-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
It wasn't my birthday, I did nothing to deserve it. But my husband went mad and suddenly gave me a DA* 300mm f4. For no reason at all.
Whhhaaaaaaaaa! Need to make sure my wife see's this post, maybe she will get some ideas for Christmas

(PS: Christmas is around the corner, you need to get that man something good... )
11-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #3

Is it a mini-penguin?
11-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Closed Account

Ahhh, a DA*300! More valuable than a diamond ring! And of course more useful.

11-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You might say that, Ameiji - the alcids are the penguins of the northern hemisphere. Not related, but they look similar, fish the same way, use the same way of "underwater flying". And this one is the very smallest one, it is literally pocket sized.

And, Joe, I totally agree, I need to come up with something GOOD for christmas. It is just that he NEVER makes a list, he claims to have everything, and he doesn't have any expensive hobbies to match mine... ideas are welcome!