Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
VCU basketball on World Pentax Day
Lens: smc-Pentax DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Richmond, Virginia ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.8 
Posted By: WillWeaverRVA, 02-06-2012, 09:10 PM

Take two of my series of VCU basketball photos, this time at our homecoming game against Northeastern University on Saturday night (2/4/12...World Pentax Day! none of these photos are my entry, though). As I said in another thread, I recently replaced my Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Telemacro with a DA55-300, and despite being limited to f/5.8, I got some really excellent shots. VCU's Rowdy Rams and Ram Nation (some enthusiastic fan groups...well, they're effectively the same) LOVED these photos, so I figured I'd share some of them here, too.

Again, I was a regular spectator and had no issues with the event staff despite the DA55-300 being a ridiculously long lens at 300mm.

Views: 1,007

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
basketball, camera, da55-300, day, pentax, photo, photos, vcu