Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fashion Shoot Pics and link to gallery
Posted By: LaRee, 02-14-2008, 11:50 PM

I finally got around to uploading some photos that I took at the Donna Marsh Fashion Runway event. You can read about the shoot here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/18759-fashion-shoot-advice-please-m.html
I will post more information about how the shoot went in the above thread.
And here are a couple images from the event.

And here is a link to the whole gallery. Please take a look in slide show format if you have the time and let me know what you think.
LaRee | Donna Marsh Fashion Show
Views: 2,639
02-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very good shots! Curious to know what the other photographer's photos look like.
02-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The lighting is great and these models do walk with a speed there.

You managed to capture the shots with such dim lighting. Great effort
02-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

did you use the V2's?

02-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like fairly tough lighting and you did well with the series. I'd guess you used some off camera flash on at least some shots by the look of the shadows in a few. Overall a great job. Was it fun?
02-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

LaRee,
Your lighting on the event looks to be very evenly lit. Just curious as to what type of lighting you used. Looks to me that you did a very good job.
02-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry I haven't responded before now. I've been working hard on a big shoot I did for my son's drama production of Beauty and the Beast. TONS of work! But the troupe appreciates my efforts. I'm into my second set of 300 photos now. I processed and uploaded the first batch of 200 keepers last night. *whew* Now, talk about tricky and challenging lighting! I couldn't use flash for the performance and had to shoot at iso 1600 (and was wishing for higher iso all the time) and pretty much wide open. Once I get things together I'll try and post a couple shots on the forum here.

thank you all for the comments and encouragement. MUCH appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
Very good shots! Curious to know what the other photographer's photos look like.
Me too! The camera shop owner is working on a slide show presentation and also a print display to put up in the shop (that is next door to the boutique). He said he'll give us copies when he is done and we'll get the prints when he is done too. I am looking forward to seeing what shots he uses that I gave him and how he puts the whole thing together. But mostly I'm looking forward to seeing the other photog's shots. It should be interesting to see how they come together in a presentation.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The lighting is great and these models do walk with a speed there.
It is true, I kept thinking maybe they would pause at some point. They were constantly on the move though and yes, strutin' at a good clip.

You managed to capture the shots with such dim lighting. Great effort
It was dim and it was overly bright. With things moving and changing at all times (and very quickly) it was challenging. I did learn some things from the shoot and had fun so it was worthwhile!

QuoteOriginally posted by jshurak Quote
did you use the V2's?
Unfortunately I couldn't get the V2's to work. (see the post I linked to in original post) I had them all set up and dialed in the night before and I've used them a few times before flawlessly. So I'm not sure what the heck is up now. I still can't get any of them to work. At least Gadget Infinity is working with me to figure out what the problem is.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Looks like fairly tough lighting and you did well with the series. I'd guess you used some off camera flash on at least some shots by the look of the shadows in a few. Overall a great job. Was it fun?
The lighting was VERY tough. Between the spot lights always moving and the models moving in and out of dark spots it was challenging. I wish I could have used the cactus flash triggers as I had set up the night before. But Murphy's Law, they wouldn't work at all when I got there. And I thought I was so prepared! Still working with someone from Gadget Infinity to see if we can find the problem. The shadows may have come from either another photographers strobe going off or the actual show spot lights on the move. I did have a blast. Especially on the red carpet shots, the guests seemed very excited about the paparazzi.

QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
LaRee,
Your lighting on the event looks to be very evenly lit. Just curious as to what type of lighting you used. Looks to me that you did a very good job.
I used the Pentax 540 flash on camera as I couldn't get the cactus v2's to work. Thank you for the compliment. The photo shop that put the photographers together seemed pleased with what I presented to them.

02-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Great job LaRee and it shows that you listened well to all the advice given. Thank you for sharing this and I'm impressed. Many great shots all in one night
02-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Some great shots! Fashion shows are certainly challenging and you did a top notch job!
02-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Great job LaRee and it shows that you listened well to all the advice given. Thank you for sharing this and I'm impressed. Many great shots all in one night
Thank you kindly Chris. I had watched your video on night club shooting about a half dozen times (I love that tutorial!) and I really wanted to use the cactus v2 with my flash off camera. But I sucked it up and had to do what I had to do since I couldn't get them working. That was really disappointing to me because I had them working the night before and I felt I had everything down pat. Sigh.

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
Some great shots! Fashion shows are certainly challenging and you did a top notch job!
Thank you for the kind comment Hamid. Much appreciated.