Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Anniversary (Part 4)
Posted By: bluespearbone, 02-23-2008, 10:10 AM

In this post, some of the Venetian Landmarks.

Camera on Auto, Kit Lens at 18mm
ISO 200: 1/250 sec @ f5.6
PP: Cropped a little to straighten the symmetry of the flagpoles.

Daybreak Shadow on Piazza San Marco
Attachment 8776

Camera mode Auto, Kit lens @ 105mm
ISO 200: 1/350 sec @ f8
PP: Layered in a small amount of Pantone 297 to deepen the colour of the sky, cloned out some spray-paint graffiti on the shop shutters (gives a sense of revenge).

Ponte di Rialto
Attachment 8774

Camera mode Auto, Kit lens @ 28mm
ISO 200: 1/1000 sec @ f8
PP: Transform to remove distortion of the belfry.

Palazzo Ducale
Attachment 8775

Comments, Advice, C+C invited and valued. Thanks in advance.

Links to previous in series:
First Anniversary, First Anniversary (Part 2), https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/21378-first-anniversary-part-3-a.html

Last edited by bluespearbone; 03-12-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Views: 1,368
02-24-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi John, I like the contrasting lines, colours and contrast of the first one, but there is distortion on the verticals of the buildings. Can't remember what you can do to avoid that. Not sure you can if you want to include the tops of the flagpoles. I like the composition of the bridge shot but it looks a little over exposed. The only shot I have of this bridge is with it draped with some huge banner that was advertising an exhibition. I couldn't clone that out. I suspect you were lucky to get a clear shot of it. I especially like the last one; think the exposure is just right.

Paul
02-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again for your input Paul.

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
I like the composition of the bridge shot but it looks a little over exposed. The only shot I have of this bridge is with it draped with some huge banner that was advertising an exhibition. I couldn't clone that out. I suspect you were lucky to get a clear shot of it.
Got several shots from different angles and time of day, though I think this is my favourite. Was a case of getting myself out of bed very early to shoot it (evening wine and morning water trips take some getting used to i think - didn't get chance to find out, which sounds like a mission defined methinks )
Would like to get this shot to keeper status, here's my attempt to PP your advice.
Attachment 8805
My colour vision is not all it should be (so why has this idiot taken interest in photography?), C+C is naturally welcome, along with any prods and shouts of 'Oi! you have a colour cast there you radish. Wouldn't even trust you with WB'. You are of cource aiding.

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
I like the contrasting lines, colours and contrast of the first one, but there is distortion on the verticals of the buildings. Can't remember what you can do to avoid that. Not sure you can if you want to include the tops of the flagpoles.
Thanks for pointing that out. If I can figure out how to isolate the buildings in PP, will try to transform them.

Last edited by bluespearbone; 03-12-2008 at 11:44 PM.
02-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PP looks good John.

Paul

02-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Paul. Still puzzling with the convergence in the first shot. Will post if I figure out how to fix it