Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Kira, Pt. 1 - not bad for cheap film
Camera: Pentax LX Photo Location: Seattle, WA 
Posted By: alan_smithee_photos, 07-29-2013, 07:33 AM

I went by the shop to pick up some fancy Portra 800 but they were all out, so I grabbed a three-pack of cheap Lomo 800 (which is what? Adox or something?). Anyway, it ain't Portra, but it ain't too bad either. And, in keeping with the econo-film approach, all are developed and scanned by my local drugstore.

Note: this is another long (self-indulgent?) post by me, and it closes with some (what I think are) tasteful shots of Kira in her knickers. To my eye these don't fall into the NSFW category but in case you're extra sensitive/careful, just don't scroll down. I'll break the shots deserving of the scarlet NSFW into a separate thread.

All shots Pentax LX, most with my A 50mm 1.7 (the wide ones are the Zeiss Distagon T* 25mm 2.8)

and this one, which I don't think folks will like, but does a kind of Edvard Munch thing for me:

below are those shots of her in her knickers, so don't say I didn't warn you.

Views: 2,094
07-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #2

Wow, impressive images. (Where do you find these girls anyway?)

I love the first one, and the (17th? Might want to break them into more than one post ) is also really dramatic. Also great to see more from the A 50 1.7. Love that little lens. Well done!
07-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

A very nice series. I believe Portra 400 pushes well to 800, but I like the colours from the Lomo film (which I assume is Superia 800).
07-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
A very nice series. I believe Portra 400 pushes well to 800, but I like the colours from the Lomo film (which I assume is Superia 800).
Thx much! I should definitely try pushing the Portra (although I may have to take it some place different than Walgreen's for developing ). I was wondering who the manufacturer was on the Lomo film; appreciate the info!

07-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You must be a great photographer because you make that cheap film sing.

They're all wonderful, but I think my personal favorites are #5 (that lighting is great and gives the photo an almost surreal-feeling) and the model's pose and the composition in #11 is great (I also love how her hair blends into the background).

Thanks for sharing!
07-29-2013, 09:21 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You, sir, have a magical eye, and some apparently amazing people skills.
07-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
You, sir, have a magical eye, and some apparently amazing people skills.
Ha! Well, Kira's a pro and easily makes up for deficiencies in my eye and/or people skills.