Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Learning the new camera......
Posted By: WJW, 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM

Well, I finally bought a real digital camera (not P&S) and I've started trying to learn the ins & outs. So, here are a few shots from my first day with a new camera and a new lens.

All were taken with an *ist DS2 and Sigma 28-105 2.8-4 lens. All are slight crops except the 3rd which is only about 15% of the frame. Comment and suggestions always welcome.

Taken at the local Art Center

Another from the Art Center

A fountain downtown

Same fountain

Views: 2,105
05-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Learning a new camera is great fun, isn't it! I really like the last shot of the fountain. Good capture of the texture and the sun was in a nice position for the droplets too.
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The fountains (there are two) are my test subjects when I try out new lenses. After shooting them for 6 or seven years they seem like old friends. One of my rotating screen backgrounds is a similar pic done with a Yashica-Mat in B&W. No wind that day so there is more of a stream rather than drops.....