Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I lied :8)
Posted By: NaClH2O, 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Was out the my new Zenitar today. And yes I know I said "I won't be using it lots" So I lied. It was a nice day and the Zenitar wanted to go to the beach, so that's just what we did. All photos taken with the DS and the Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish eye lens.

Waiting for the warmer weather and the people to arrive.

Other side of the central court, from the top of the stairs. I love what the FE does to curved perspective lines.

You just know I had a field day with the center sculpture!

And this is the real reason why everybody comes. When the threat of winter and early spring northeasters is past they will pull the sand fence.

What's a day at the beach without the sunset? Complete with the Obligatory Seagull!

A few more can be found here:
SmugMug - saltwater : Zenitar Fish Eye Lens

NaCl(I hope V. doesn't beat me up for posting more Fish Eye photos)H2O
Views: 3,901
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Love the last shot!
03-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I enjoyed them all. You have a good eye and you've worked your perspectives well with the Zenitar. Nice work!
03-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hee hee - learning the joys of a FE lens! - Priceless!

Like the saillike central structure abstracts :)

03-14-2007, 04:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like them all but the last shot is wonderful. Great job!

john
03-14-2007, 05:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Very very nice images! I like all of them!

Note to myself: got to use the zenitar more!

cheers
Kenny
03-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice. I like the fourth shot best.

I haven't been to Orchard Beach in many, many years. Used to do some sailing from City Island (late 50's/early 60's) and still remember the traffic on that bridge in the summer. I remember City Island when it was more like Cape Cod than NY; no apartments that I can remember in those days. Sigh.

Like someone else said, I need to use my Z more. Thanks for posting

03-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
Nice. I like the fourth shot best.

I haven't been to Orchard Beach in many, many years. Used to do some sailing from City Island (late 50's/early 60's) and still remember the traffic on that bridge in the summer. I remember City Island when it was more like Cape Cod than NY; no apartments that I can remember in those days. Sigh.

Like someone else said, I need to use my Z more. Thanks for posting
Hi Peter, I lived on City Island from the mid 80's to the mid 90's when the real estate prices just got to be insane. Now live close by in the Pelham Bay section of the Bronx. I was never there as early as you were, but we used to go there in the mid 60's to get hard to find boat hardware. Used to love to wander around Minnefords, my dad knew the Yard Master so we could go watch them building the 12 meter America's Cup boats. Today unfortunately most of the yards are gone, replaced by condos, Minnefords is still there but a faint shadow of it's original self. I find it very sad too. BTW the traffic on the summer weekends is even worse than you remember.

NaCl(Orchard Beach however, is markedly improved)H2O
03-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #9

i loved this detail. hope you don't mind me playing with your pic

if you do, i'll remove it.
03-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
Inactive Account

I think V is occupied cursing the Canadian customs. I once shipped a lens to Canada and as I recall it the time it had to sit at the customs was longer than anything else I have heard of.

Now your Zenitar is talking Salty. I like the abstracts the best but they were all a joy. I don't do predictions that often but I have a feeling you'll make room for the Zenitar in your bag from time to time.
03-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Orchard Beach could only have gotten better from what I remember.

Try putting the Z on a film body (feels like you're looking back at yourself) and play around with it.
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Now is that not just about the most fun lens you've ever had?? And talk about bang for buck! I really like the sail structure shot from below - simple, great colours, really enhances the swoopiness of the sculpture. I'm glad you came to your senses about this little lens!

Julie
03-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Salty,

You didn't lie, you just didn't know what sort of spell that lens would cast on you

Great shots!
03-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks everybody for looking, and your comments and etc. Lucastrika, that's a great crop! The photo looks like one from one of those "inspirational" cards. And I'm not offended in the least. But if you sell it for a bunch I want a piece of the action! (just kidding)
Jonas, unfortunately I think you are correct about V. I ordered my lens only two days earlier and I got mine a week ago. And yes, I think I can find room, I need only one "fast 50" in there anyway. Maybe I'll just bet a bigger bag!
Peter, They made a major effort to clean it up, not only Long Island sound (which is actually waaaay cleaner than when I was a kid) but also the drugs, prostitution and other nastiness that was rampant there in the 80's. I've also got a Vivitar completely manual camera that I'm experimenting with B&W film, should be fun to throw the Z on it! Thanks for the idea.
Julie, you were right, it is a fun lens. I stand (er... sit) corrected. Youse guys were right after all, just like you usually are.

NaCl(thanks one and all for looking and thanks for the comments)H2O
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #15

Those are some nice shots, the effects of the fisheye are very nice. I really like the last two especially, the shadow on the beach really makes the shot, and the last one could be a post card.