Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Macro abstracto with the Industar 50 + macro adaptor
Posted By: Igilligan, 02-20-2009, 02:27 AM

As always, when I pick up a new/old lens, I do some test shots with a macro adaptor of some sort attached to see how they do...
Here are a few shots with the industar 50 pancake lens + a vivitar M42 macro adaptor. They are more abstract than "look at this bug" kind of shots... the bug shots will come later

Thanks for looking... the little russian pancake is a fun little lens.
Views: 2,979
02-20-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Gus, I love your bright'n'shiny shots. Good workout for that lens.
02-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I love your compositions Gus =) I think this kind of "composing the unseen" with either macro or telephoto is what my photograpy is lacking... will work on it. My fave is #2 with the three rings. What are those exactly?
02-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #4
Damn Brit

It's an electric shaver Andi.

02-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Igilligan

Hey Andy and Gary

Thanks to both of you for stoping by...

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I love your compositions Gus =) I think this kind of "composing the unseen" with either macro or telephoto is what my photograpy is lacking... will work on it. My fave is #2 with the three rings. What are those exactly?
Andi this kind of shooting is something I really enjoy but rarely do... most folks seem to not care much for the macro abstract shots, but I find them fun, and it is always something to do on a rainy week. Actually some of my favorite shots have been macro abstracto shots...

Thanks for looking and as Gary said that 3 ring thing is just my shaver. Not really all that abstract but I liked the way it came out. The other is just a pair of pliers.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Gus, I love your bright'n'shiny shots. Good workout for that lens.
Thanks Gary...
02-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Forum Member

Quite impressive Nice sharpness and details. Perfect bokeh for me
If You have a chance try MC Wolna 9 Macro. Great, sharp lens, with 1:2 macro mode Perfect choice for bellows or extension tubes
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
They are all nice but the second one made me keep going back to it again and again. Thanks for sharing.

cj
CJConrad - Canadian Landscape Artist

02-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Very nice series! I like how the DOF is handled, looks like a creative lens!
02-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by grzehoofr Quote
Quite impressive Nice sharpness and details. Perfect bokeh for me
If You have a chance try MC Wolna 9 Macro. Great, sharp lens, with 1:2 macro mode Perfect choice for bellows or extension tubes
Thanks grzehoofr, ( do you have an easier we can use?)
I would like to get my hands on a Volna 9 someday... It is very expensive to ship these lenses when I can find them, and they seldom come up in the US market.
Thanks for the nice comments

QuoteOriginally posted by artistcjconrad Quote
They are all nice but the second one made me keep going back to it again and again. Thanks for sharing.

cj
CJConrad - Canadian Landscape Artist
Thanks cj, I liked that one too... I like how the straight lines of the safety housing, turn into circles in the OOF area...

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Very nice series! I like how the DOF is handled, looks like a creative lens!
I am not sure where the OOF look is coming from, as I am using a very nice Series 1 macro converter with these shots and it is a great piece of glass. Thanks for the comments...
02-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Gus, very interesting images. Liked them all for different reasons. Well done. JIM
02-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I love that ring bokeh you're getting on that shaver... Very cool.
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
JMR
Veteran Member

Gus, really like no-2, but you really should not tell people what you are photographing. I knew all along that was the bottom of spacecraft ;-) Love the shallow depth field and how it draws attention to the light and shapes.

JMR
02-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I knew all along that was the bottom of spacecraft ;-)

JMR
That's exactly what I thought - and in the last shot the engines are producing thrust.
02-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Gary have destroyed my childhood dreams it seems I should try these out myself. Part of the reason i got the raynox after all
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
Igilligan

Ok Andi,

You have 12 hrs to post some pics using that raynox!!! stick it on any lens and shot away....

The more light, the higher the F-stop.... and brace yourself...