Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Business Trip to Calgary **WARNING NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY**
Posted By: FireMate, 04-08-2007, 12:34 AM

This is a huge post, I know. Sorry in advance!

So, while on business out here in Calgary, Alberta, I decided to kill some time by taking pics.

Brought my trusty K110D, lens filters so that I don't have to rely on Post (heh, still even use a red filter when I know I'm taking B&W photos), and then away I went with freshly recharged batteries.

It started snowing, and someone still had their motorcycle out (taken at 1:00am)

So, onward the next day on a drive to Banff, to finally see these "mountains" I keep hearing about.

You don't realize how big they are, until you're right at the bottom driving around them, and looking up to see no sky:

Taken the same day, you can see how quickly the weather changes around the mountains:

I drove up one of the mountains, a couple of thousand feet above ground, and took pics as well. I'm at the same height as some clouds!

Views: 4,062
04-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #2

Original Poster

Even saw a furry friend on the way back down:

04-08-2007, 04:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

OH MY GOD! THESE ARE GREAT!

Sorry for going all caps, typing in regular lowercase characters with proper capitalization doesn't do justice to the tremendous pictures you took. I'd say that was a VERY productive business trip!
04-08-2007, 04:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When I saw the b&w's, I thought "I'm really glad I took a look at this thread". Then the mountain pictures showed up and provided even more eye candy. Nice series and thanks for sharing.

Tim

04-08-2007, 04:35 AM   #5

Now they really do make me homesick!!

Thanks for those pics, having lived 25 years in BC, I travelled several times a year to Calgary and Edmonchuk... saw those beautiful mountains in every kind of weather.

Those shots are way better than most of mine, must be the camera eh?

Thanks again for sharing.

Phil
04-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are wonderful pics, I'm glad I ventured in. Glad I have high speed internet. , too.
04-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

BTW - Have I said WOW already?

04-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

D00D!!! Spectacular series!! Awesome B&W's (must get red filter) and lovelue scapes. Great job!
04-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #9

Excellent shots. Glad you enjoyed our mountains. Spring and fall are definitely the best time to visit. Few tourists, beautiful skies, and the ever-changing weather (as the picture of the motorcycle in the snow attests). Is the second photo on Stephen Street?
04-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey I was just there last week! In Banff & Calgary, I mean. Vacation & work, meaning I booked some work during my vacation while in Calgary, which did not earn me any brownie points with my wife.

I even took some pictures of the same mountain as you! Gotta get that film developed.

Did you get caught in that awful snowstorm/whiteout? We drove past a 15 car pileup just east of Canmore. Saw lots of vehicles in the ditches, too.
04-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #11
Veteran Member

*drool*

(speechless. very nice)
-Dan
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Omg, I'd hate to be the person who had to drive that hog in that snow.

I really enjoyed the mountain views, nicely done! I think I should book a flight to Calgary sometime soon.
04-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bah! we got mountains right here in NY state! (just kidding!) Wonderful series, fantastic mountain shots. They actually aren't all that easy to do as I know to my sorrow on a trip to Colorado several years ago with a ZX-5N film camera. Congratualtions on a job well done!

NaCl(it's too bad they don't have a coast)H2O
04-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great series, great documentary of the trip, love the mountain shots!

Regards,
D
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #15

Im just deciding whether to go Banff in the next 2 weeks or late next month. I think 2 weeks is now more likely. I'll be showing your pics to my wife tonite. Some absolute beauties here. Congrats.

David