Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A bit of this n' that
Posted By: FHPhotographer, 10-17-2009, 11:15 PM

A little color, a little B&W... a little song and a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants. Just kiddin' on the keys and having fund with Photoshop. As always, comments & criticism welcomed,
Brian

Views: 1,773
10-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For a backlit subject it's OK.
Nice choice of desaturation effect.
I'm not all that keen on the overwhelming highlight flooding the background, but the subject itself is rendered reasonably well.
Don't quite know what else to say about it - I'd just light it differently.
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
For a backlit subject it's OK.
Nice choice of desaturation effect.
I'm not all that keen on the overwhelming highlight flooding the background, but the subject itself is rendered reasonably well.
Don't quite know what else to say about it - I'd just light it differently.
I don't know, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I kind of like the blasted highlights in the background, it kind of makes the subject in the foreground seem more important and visible. Like any photo or picture, not everyone is going to like it or for that matter see your vision in the photo or picture. My advice to you is to continue to make pictures that make you happy. I think that your technique is sound. What is fun is the constant alteration of a technique to achieve constantly improving results...based on your vision. Good luck!!
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A good point - I agree!

10-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback. I should have mentioned the background was a mistake. I'd like to claim it was a creative decision, but the truth is that it was shot through a window screen and the background fell apart, so the only solution was to help it "fall" further with blur and opacities. As Garry Winogrand once said, "You see something happening and you bang away at it. Either you get what you saw or you get something else--and whichever is better you print."
Brian

Last edited by FHPhotographer; 10-23-2009 at 08:55 PM.