Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A trip to south east Asia
Camera: K-7 
Posted By: Zav, 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM

I had the chance to travel to south east Asia for about 2 weeks in February. My trip tookt to Kuala Lumpur (only one day), Philippines and finally Singapore. You can find those pictures in a higher resolution in my flickr gallery, link in my signature.

First step, Kuala Lumpur.
After about 10 hours of flight and waiting, I woke up in KL. How do you recognize KL? Easy, they have a couple of well known towers!

KL is a strange city, you don't really know which one is growing faster: the city or the jungle?

Don't miss the small zoo at the bottom of the Menara KL Tower, you can feed a snake with a chicken for 10€ or sthg like this.

This short stay in KL ended at the china town where a they have a few nice temple, but it's really a place where to have a cup of green tea, sitting on the street, enjoying the atmosphere.

To be continued...
Views: 3,000
03-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I really enjoyed each and everyone of these photos...TFS!
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good work.
What location did you take the towers photo from ?
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #4

I like where this thread is going. In for more

03-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice shots so far.

From the shot of the Petronas towers it looks like you had clear weather for your day in KL, IMO the view from the KL tower is much better than the twin towers.
03-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Good work.
What location did you take the towers photo from ?
It must be taken from the Telecom tower although not as high as Petronas tower.
03-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks
The picture of the Petronas Towers was taken at the top of the Menara KL Tower (the telecom tower).
Mike L, yes the weather was hot and clear. I haven't at the top of the Petronas, I spent too much time in the Suria KLCC

And now, let's go to Manila!

Manila is big city, noisy, busy, crowdy. I remember being stuck in a trafic jam at 1 am.

It's not really the place where I had the best time.

However, there are places which are worth a visit: intramuros for example.

Intramuros is the old city, where you can see remains of the spanish colony. Most of the old city have been destroyed during the WWII battle of Manila (1945). The previous pictures shows the Cathedral which have been reconstructed after massive bombing during the battle.

Wow, looks as if someone is having fun with cables there! This is the beginning of Ongping street, the main street of Manila chinatown (did I ever mentioned that I like chinatownS?).

To be continued...

03-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Really great travel images, Zav.
I have been to KL a couple of times and its a great place, your photos remind me.
Have you been to Malacca yet? That is a lovely place with some great dutch influences.
03-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two delightful series - every shot is a winner.

Jer
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Very nice set! i like everyone of them.
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks
Malacca? No, never, I should go next time Maybe next year, I have to go to France this summer and then maybe China or the USA, don't know yet.

So Ongping Street! It's lively, it's chinese, it's crowded. There are people everywhere, talking, shouting, bargaining, sharing the latest gossips.
Need a watch? Need some jewellery? Come in! Come in!
Oh look there! It's still chinese new year celebration!

Waouh! Is it time to go home? Take a jeepney or a tricyle!

Oh you are hungry? Have a balut! 20 pesos!

Ba...what? Oh no thanks, I am ok. Yes, sure, I can wait until dinner

If you are not afraid of crowd, you can have a walk to Felix Hidalgo street where there are photography shops between a dried fish and a vegetables sellers.

Hey I guess you are tired after spending the whole walking right?
Go to the Ocean park! Relax with the fishes.

And let them take care of your dead skin

Well next time, we are going to travel on a notebank (yep a notebank).

To be continued...

PS: How do you edit a thread title?

Last edited by Zav; 03-30-2010 at 10:14 PM.
04-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #12

Great pictures, *thanks* for sharing. I'm heading to Asia in a few months and I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to make it to KL but I can definitely plan better now as far as phototaking is concerned. I liked the night view of the city the best, it seemed like time was stretched along the street toward the horizon.
04-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Stunning travel shots, well done, very inspiring!

Makes me want to visit KL next time I'm in Asia.
04-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice series of shots, the first photo of the city looks really good and sharp as well. I also really like the second one as well, the detail that you captured in the skin is really cool and it looks like he is smiling too.

Another one of my favorites in of the fishes, it really looks like you put you camera underwater and took a photo, but I know that would never happen.

Thanks for sharing.