Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8 Search:
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 01-31-2019, 06:08 AM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
Made it it overnight:


Platonic Soap by Brian Robin, on Flickr
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 01-20-2019, 07:32 AM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
Ok, so the exposure in Explore often yields invites into groups. Sometimes appropriate for the photo, sometimes...not. This one was invited into a large group that's been active for 7 years. 92% of its photos have bare lady boobs or derrieres in them, the other 8% are random subject matter (ferris wheels, dogs, landscapes, etc)*, all are well done images. I guess I don't really get the point, as this group doesn't appear to be advertising anything I can see** so it doesn't seem like the usual spam. What is the point of inviting a few seemingly random images to hang out among all the nekked ladies? Any insight?


*These percents are accurate, I drearily tallied the subject matter of over 60k photos in the pool.
**I scrutinized it very carefully.
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 01-19-2019, 10:41 PM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
Hmm, my peppers made it into explore...



1 in 10 by Brian Robin, on Flickr
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 08-22-2018, 05:05 AM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
Scout tells me this hit explore yesterday and is currently at #144.



Cecropia Cocoon by Brian Robin, on Flickr

It's a Hyalophora cecropia cocoon, with more under construction to the sides, under UV light. They'll be big beautiful moths by next spring. (Cross posted)
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 10-31-2017, 05:28 AM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
Some colourful ice:



An Icy Panoramic Concert by Brian Robin, on Flickr



This is only my 3rd in explore, I did notice they were all panorama type images. I checked out this link on how [they think] explore works and it it turns out my default upload size was below 1600px on the long side and this excludes things, but the panoramas all were larger. I've upped it to match this. I've noticed a drop in requests for hot dates on flickr, maybe this will help.
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 03-22-2017, 08:57 AM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
My second explored photo, mostly intended for silliness as a pretend attempted photo of some fairly popular Snowy Owls near me. There's an Owl at the base of one of the fenceposts, I swear it's not a large chicken or a plastic bag, or a white bucket, or made out of paper mache:



Photobombed by Brian Robin, on Flickr



One already has seed pods! When do they start blooming in your neck of the woods? Ours are just showing themselves in bud after the recent snow melt. Love the Hellebores, we have a dozen or so in our gardens:).
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
I can't find it now, but along these lines I recall someone on Pentax Forums experimented with accurate and descriptive tags that conveniently had raunchy double meanings. Traffic grew, "Likes" and "Comments" were low. I've no idea if they were human views or bots looking for a cheap thrill. Either way they left disappointed:D.
Forum: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 03-01-2017, 09:49 PM  
Thematic Flickr Explored
Posted By BrianR
Replies: 991
Views: 66,439
Okie, my very first explored image. Some satisfaction that it was a self portrait.



Crank it to 11, no -11, no 11! Does it go to 12? by Brian Robin, on Flickr



You're very modest:). I know every time I see one of your images like the first one in your post, I wonder about the processing/capture technique. You've got this sort of challengingly lit scene consistently nailed to a style that I can regularly identify (in a very good way:)).
Search took 0.00 seconds | Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top