Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2018, 12:09 AM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Click below to take the 2018 Pentax survey:

https://www.murvey.com/s?5a70133e6cdc1be004eea3c9
Where are the 645 owners????

02-27-2018, 12:47 AM   #62

Nice to have opportunity to give feedback.
Some surprises to me as mostly landscape/cityscape was the target, but most wanted lens so far is 150-600mm.

One question was missing:
"Should Pentax focus more on developing new camera bodies or new lenses?"
The answer to that would have most propably been Lenses 99% - bodies 1%
02-27-2018, 01:00 AM   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Given the answers most/least popular I know that Pentax just isn't for me anymore.
Whether Pentax will cater to your needs will be decided by Ricoh, not by the results of a single survey.
02-27-2018, 01:04 AM - 2 Likes   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
We are 20 now
Now 28 who would like to see a 200/4 macro lens.

02-27-2018, 01:08 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Thanks Adam, for running this again!

Many great suggestions for improvement. With the 15 ticks limit, I couldn't pick I thought were worthwhile, but I appreciate the need for focus.

Last edited by Class A; 02-27-2018 at 02:16 AM.
02-27-2018, 01:23 AM   #66

Af af af af af! ! ! ! ! !

---------- Post added 2018-02-27 at 19:02 ----------

Also frame rate and buffer in RAW ... I'm a bird/wildlife 'tog
02-27-2018, 01:53 AM   #67

Lol nobody wants video improvements except me! Well I guess that's cool, I see that Pentax is basically a stills ecosystem, just like it was when I "changed" from my K7 to MFT (I still have the K7 and the lenses though). To each his own, as long as its a viable approach tu business. In a perfect world (as in if I had way more disposable cash), I'd have a K1 for stills and a GH5 for video, but the GH5 does a much better job with stills than any Pentax camera that I've tried does with video. Damn shame since I've always loved and respected Pentax.

02-27-2018, 02:27 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
very good survey!

limiting options to only 10 or 15 was a bit too little on choices perhaps but fair enough in the end ...

certain other options were missing from the lists though, such as the very old request by some photographers no camera manufacturer seems to have addressed so far: why not have the ability to shoot at lower resolutions while having the entire sensor area capture at that resolution setting instead of a portion of it in cropped mode?

or why not have 'slow' CCD sensor cameras back, especially in MF (similar to the great 645D, which i still prefer to the Z version btw) even if it means no more higher ISO settings and losing the video capture feature totally ... (who cares when the main aim is still photography and IQ + DR are of higher importance than speed and other goodies most still photographers don't need anyway? after all, don't we have more than enough cameras with the fast but more noisy / less DR CMOS sensors around?)

and btw, when i say CCD, i mean something like that great Kodak sensor in the 645D and not anything else! of course i'd still be using the CMOS cameras too but i want CCD back as well ...
_ _ _

editing for addendum:

btw, if there's going to be another FF Pentax camera (an F2 maybe?) why not make its body like the super beautiful MZ-S? in fact, wasn't MZ-S the first choice for migrating from 135 film format photography to digital when Pentax was going to make its first serious and professional dSLR?

and if so, why not go the way Canon and Nikon have gone with their top of the list flagships such as the EOS-1 and F(x) series, ie, dSLR bodies with sensors that offer no more than 20MP in resolution but deliver images with lowest noise / widest DR possible ...

also, why not an MZ-S body with a CCD sensor and certainly no video (or video-for-notes only) so that 'quality iimage photogs' can also have a good Pentax model for that kind of job?

yes, i know all the above may sound too crazy to many people but well, that's me and here's my 2.3 billion Euros of suggestions! ;-)

Last edited by penties rider; 03-10-2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: adding stuff ...
02-27-2018, 02:50 AM   #69

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Whether Pentax will cater to your needs will be decided by Ricoh, not by the results of a single survey.

I too, feell this survey is sort of a `shut up` to the negative commenters (me including) of the recent acts the company has been putting. Main reason why I consider it to be unrealistic is the fact that there' s no thought in the grouping (limited number of answers with obvious proper choices and drawbacks of the Pentax Systems, but also focusing on ASP- C and FF, not their MF) .

But let' s be optimistic and enjoy our cameras (be it from other manufacturers) .

Last edited by K5_Ltd_User; 02-27-2018 at 03:43 AM.
02-27-2018, 02:58 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Survey is not relevant to 645 users. Hence of no interest to me.
02-27-2018, 03:20 AM - 6 Likes   #71
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by urssu Quote
I too, fill this survey is sort of a `shut up` to the negative commenters (me including) of the recent acts the company has been putting. Main reason why I consider it to be unrealistic is the fact that there' s no thought in the grouping (limited number of answers with obvious proper choices and drawbacks of the Pentax Systems, but also focusing on ASP- C and FF, not their MF) .
How can a survey requesting information be considered any kind of "shut up"? Frankly, this shows a quite astonishing lack of appreciation for Adam and the PF staff who've done their best to pull together a meaningful survey for us, the forum members. It's not perfect, no... it might not cover everyone's needs, might be missing some things, but it's a really well-intentioned and - in many respects - fairly comprehensive effort, from which a lot of useful data can be harvested. Could we applaud the staff for putting in the work, perhaps?

To Adam and the staff who prepared this - THANK YOU...
02-27-2018, 03:25 AM - 1 Like   #72
Pentaxian

Good survey except for the list of potential future lenses which is heavily FF biased and didn't include a single lens I'd be interested in buying. It seems to be based on one published a few weeks back.
02-27-2018, 03:37 AM   #73
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great Idea. Direct input from the community to Pentax.

Best
Georg
02-27-2018, 03:49 AM   #74

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
How can a survey requesting information be considered any kind of "shut up"? Frankly, this shows a quite astonishing lack of appreciation for Adam and the PF staff who've done their best to pull together a meaningful survey for us, the forum members. It's not perfect, no... it might not cover everyone's needs, might be missing some things, but it's a really well-intentioned and - in many respects - fairly comprehensive effort, from which a lot of useful data can be harvested. Could we applaud the staff for putting in the work, perhaps?

To Adam and the staff who prepared this - THANK YOU...

Hello,

If I make a survey, will you appreciate me? It' s not unappreciated, it' s just non- professionally built, that in my mind raises questions of the final intent/ product (in real life) . Will it be materialized into something, or is it just a survey (regardless for the reasons; score appreciation points or hush negativism) . Yet again, I state: There are many valid points that you couldn' t select because of the limiting number. I appreciate the intention, really, and I would love it if Pentax would make a new camera with many (if not all) of the positives in it. But seeing some of the points (valid ones) , I have to believe the Pentax cameras need a complete refresh in design (maybe not complete; WR, ergonomics, simplicity of menu, that stuff is good) . Yet again, I' d love a new FF with all the positives (or maximum achievable) .

All the best!
02-27-2018, 03:55 AM   #75
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by urssu Quote
If I make a survey, will you appreciate me?
Sure I will... especially if the same kind of effort goes into producing it. I look forward to participating... let me know the link when it's ready