Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Damn Brit

Moderator please close this thread

This thread is getting a bit out of hand, please close it.

I would also like to report the OP for being out of order.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-pentax-photography/37085-whos-afraid-spiders-2.html

09-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I would like to report everyone involved in the thread for being out of order
09-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
This message is directed solely at the forum Moderator.

That's fine by me,

But please take into account that damn brit kept bringing sexuality into things, accused me of paranoia (being mentally ill has nothing to do with disagreeing with somebody else's point of view), said my work was not very good, (first, I admit I retaliated) and he seems to think constructive criticism is just talking about the negatives without balancing things with equal positives, because thats just good old fashioned criticism. period.

(I did not bring sexuality into the dialogue as Damn Brit suggests in the next post, I referenced a British TV advert made by an insurance company. In the ad. the presenter says ''Calm down dear, it's only an advert." This has nothing to do with sexuality what so ever, and has become a national catchphrase in the UK where people replace the word ''Advert'' with what ever you are talking about at that time. I said it in good faith and good humour thinking that Damn Brit would pick up on the reference, as he is British, I did not realise he has not seen the advert.)

I am respectful of the forum and If damn brit was correct to question the post, so be it, I'll accept it, but he became inflammitory and personal very quickly, and that's just not on.

Again, apologies if I have been troublesome, but please look at things from both POV

Davebris

Last edited by davebris33; 09-15-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: clarification
09-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
Damn Brit

@DaveBris33
You really are tiresome.
But seeing as you want to continue this.............

The sequence of events as I see it is:

I asked a reasonable question about your original post.
You brought sexuality into it by calling me dear.

Your name is Dave so I'm assuming you are male. Effeminate gays tend to use the word dear, I have a lot of gay friends you see, hence me asking if you were gay. I also kept it amiable, I used the word please and I used a smiley like this one . Friendly looking guy isn't he?

My next post consisted of constructive comments and suggestions about your pictures
which you pretty much ignored.

The next post from you I consider an attack.

If I'm attacked, I will attack back.

A couple of posts later, Nulla backed up my point about your original post and you took this as an attack also. Hence my question about your paranoia. I never mentioned anything about mental illness.

Since you didn't accept my earlier constructive comments, and wanted to continue with the aggression and the sexual innuendos. I decided to tell you what I really thought about your pictures. I did also include the point about maybe trying the extension rings on other subject matters.

Then you went and trashed a couple of my pictures which is fine that's you're privilege. I agree the lizard one isn't that good but it is in focus.
The second one, a night scene with fog rolling in, of course you are not going to get perfect exposure but you can still get a good image.

I see that so far you have not participated in the "Post your Photos" forum. It's probably the best place on the Pentax Forums to enable you to improve your photography why don't you give it a try. But when people do make constructive comments you take them to heart instead of getting dramatic.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 09-16-2008 at 12:01 AM.
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
Inactive Account

holy crap I am confused. DamnBrit, YOU are the OP...
*scratch head*....
09-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by marlon Quote
holy crap I am confused. DamnBrit, YOU are the OP...
*scratch head*....

I thought I was in the other thread, thanks for pointing that out. I have been known to talk to myself though.

You're a good man Marlon.
09-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
Inactive Account

I aim to please

09-16-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I am sorry to see this happening to you,Gary. I think you were supposed to encourage that sort of behaviour in the forum and congradulate how good these macros really are. Then you will be alright.
09-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #9
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I am sorry to see this happening to you,Gary. I think you were supposed to encourage that sort of behaviour in the forum and congradulate how good these macros really are. Then you will be alright.
I tried to give constructive comments and suggestions, believe me, whenever I look at members pictures, I want them to be good. We're all here to help each other right? Another subject matter might have produced good images and I suggested that.

My new Nokton was shipped today so I should have it in a couple of days, that'll cheer me up.

And there's a new chapter in the WendyB saga to keep me smiling.
09-16-2008, 03:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Keep an open mind for the new chapter of soap opera.

BTW congradulation on the Nokton. Do not feel dissapointed with the lens too quickly. Give it some time and you will discover wonder
Closed Thread