Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Adobe Lens Profiles

Wouldn't it be good if we could somehow create a repository for Adobe Lens Profiles?
The profiles could for example be made part of the lens reviews.

05-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See the 'custom profiles' thread in the similar threads box.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Adam, the "Custom profiels" thread (from 2007) is for camera profiles. I'm talking about lens profiles. Did I get the wrong thread?
05-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Possibly; try searching for 'adobe lens profiles'. This was suggested in another (fairly big as far as I recall) thread, and I commented on it.

05-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here's the thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/site-suggestions-forum-help/100261-sugges...s-profile.html

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks.

You suggested that users send you any profiles but I think unless this is publicised on a larger scale, the idea really won't fly.

It is early days yet as the LR beta 2 doesn't support the profiles yet and hardly anyone got PS CS5 yet, but a bit later there will be many LR and PS users who could make great use of the profiles.
05-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We can add these to our lens info tables if desired, but I don't have time to publicize this myself. Feel free to post a thread and I'd be able to stick it.

Adam

05-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Feel free to post a thread and I'd be able to stick it.
Great, where you thinking of a thread in the Post Processing, Printing, Software, and Darkroom forum?

I've already created the Adobe releases Lens Profile Creator thread, but I guess a sticky thread should contain instructions where to send profiles to and where to get them from. I'd very much appreciate if you could let me know which kind of instructions you'd like to see. I can write all the explanatory bits what it is for, where to get the tools, etc.

While we are on it (collecting on providing the lens profiles, we should do the same for camera profiles. You need a retagMacbeth ColorChecker card to do this and I'm sure some people in possession of the card would share their camera profiles.
05-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I say put one in the lens forum and one in the camera forum, as that will give you several times as much exposure. Post the links here and I'll stick them

Adam

05-23-2010, 04:18 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Post the links here and I'll stick them
Here are the links:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/102343-wanted-adob...-profiles.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/102344-wanted-...-profiles.html

I'm sure you'll move them if I posted them in incorrect places.
Please let me know if the contents are OK.
05-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now stuck them both. You might want to include a direct link to PM me, though. private.php?do=newpm&u=1

Adam

05-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #12

Now that I see this, is there any possibility for a LensFun lens profiles as well? I think not everyone here uses adobe and a free software support from the forums would be really nice. Lensfun library has been around for some time now and since last year is included within Ufraw for working with it.
This is the page:
lensfun.berlios.de
05-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sure, same deal as with the adobe ones.
05-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You might want to include a direct link to PM me, though.
Very good point, thanks.

We may have to be a bit patient with this campaign as LR3 isn't out yet (announced for July) and I guess there aren't many PS CS5 users yet. Once the software has had a chance to spread, I believe there will be quite a demand for these profiles.
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #15

LR3 is out and there's not a single Pentax Lens Profile in it..