Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Buy From Adorama

My understanding is that buying from Adorama gives this forum money, but I need to click on a specific link (like the banner in Adam's signature) for the commission to be registered. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any way this link can be made a little more prominent? It's annoying to have to click through a bunch of things just to find one of Adam's posts and click again on that banner. I think something on the front page and in the menu bar (perhaps in the Marketplace drop-down menu) would be real handy. I realize the intention is to keep advertising off the site, but I wouldn't be terribly offended by a couple of links here and there.

I've added the appropriate link to my bookmarks with the proper URL, so it's not a big issue for myself.

edit: or is the banner actually there but not visible to those who donated?

Last edited by GoremanX; 03-20-2010 at 12:53 PM.
03-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm working on some solution to this- stay tuned

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Sounds like a great excuse for me to go buy that new flash and update my camera body! I'll tell DH I HAD too, since it supports the forum. Think he'll buy that!? It's worth a shot, right!?
03-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Aren't the contributions covering the site costs?

03-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StarDust Quote
Aren't the contributions covering the site costs?
What's wrong with more money? The monthly contributions cover site operating costs. Extra money can be used for improvements and new features.
03-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Actually this month we are in the red, as over $2k has been spent on the site, yet only $1730 was donated.

We have a lot of new features in the works, hence increased costs.
03-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I added a notice for logged in members on the forum homepage, Goreman. I think that's visible but not obtrusive. I took the banner out of the marketplace, however.

03-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #8

My last purchase from Adorama, I listed that I was referred by "other", and put pentaxforums.com in the box. I hope that works to get you some kick back, this was prior to the 'special link' being obvious.
03-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nope- that would unfortunately not be credited. If the order was recent, please contact Helen Oster.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #10

Any such tie up with B&H? Coz, i find it cheaper, and i'll be buying it within the next one-two weeks.
03-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I will soon have an affiliate link available for B&H as well. Stay tuned.

Adam

03-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #12

I wish I would've known about that link back when I bought my flash from Adorama...unless it wasn't there yet.
03-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's been around for a couple months now- did you buy your flash recently?

Adam

03-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's been around for a couple months now- did you buy your flash recently?
Either the end of January or the beginning of February, I forget. But then again I wasn't as active on here then as I have been the last couple of weeks, so that might explain why I never noticed it.
03-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

B&H link: B&H Photo Video

Adam