Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
[SOLD] Gripped *ist 35mm Kit with extras & Lot of matching B&W filters (US/CAN)

Item(s) for Sale
Gripped *ist 35mm Kit with extras & Lot of matching B&W and color filters

This package served me very well when I was first learning the principals of photography going beyond snapshots. The black and white filters were how I first got used to the idea of having the "right" piece of equipment; I had been smitten, like so many other photographers, with Ansel Adams and his techniques. The close-up set was an inexpensive introduction to macro imaging. The camera has many features not commonly found in a consumer-level film camera. Even with the grip attached the entire package is amazingly compact. This is a GREAT starter kit for someone serious about learning photography who has to use film.

Asking Price
$135 for entire package, FREE shipping
or
$115 - Gripped Camera Kit with Extras, plus actual shipping
$30 - Lot of 49mm B&W filters, plus actual shipping
No matter how the items are sold I will assume all PayPal fees.

Item Descriptions
Gripped Camera Kit package - Up for sale is my Pentax *ist 35mm film SLR, the matching Pentax BG-20 Battery Grip, and Pentax-F 35-80mm 3.5-5.6 lens. The Kit package will also come with four AA alkaline batteries, a 49mm Quantaray linear polarizing filter, and a 3-piece set of Hoya close-up filters. The camera will come with its body cap (not pictured) and the lens will come with lens cap and rear cap. Camera, lens, and grip will arrive with original boxes and manuals. The original strap is also included with the *ist, although it is not pictured.

Conditions of the Camera Kit package: The camera body and grip are in EX+ cosmetic condition. I would be hard pressed to find a scratch or nick anywhere on either the body or grip, apart from maybe a few rub marks on the lens mount metal. Both grip and camera body are fully functional. There is some weakness in the hinge of the camera body battery compartment, however this is a non-issue; the battery compartment door is left open and slides into a slot when attaching the battery grip, as the grip provides all power when the two are joined. If the buyer chooses to use the camera without the grip the camera is fully functional, the battery compartment door simply won't be flush with the camera body when closed. I'm assuming, however, that the user would want to use the battery grip since it improves handling with the adding benefit of the vertical shutter release.

I would rate the condition of the lens as EX-. The lens glass is clean and clear; no fungus or haze. There are a one or two specks of dust on the internal elements that will not affect image quality whatsoever. The aperture blades are free of oil and click into place smoothly. There are a few light rub marks on the lens focus ring from normal use.

The included polarizer is of the linear variety - Be aware that this means using the filter with the camera set to manual focus! The polarizer is in excellent condition with no scratches or moisture between the elements.

The 3-piece Hoya close-up set is in Like-New condition. All glass is clean and scratch-free. Comes with a storage pouch in excellent condition and original box.

The camera strap is original to the body and is well-worn. The strap has seen better days, cosmetically speaking, but shows no signs of weakening or tearing. The printed logos show signs of rubbing off the leatherette material. Let's just say the strap is a veteran and will serve you well.

Lot of 49mm Black & White and Color lens filters: A perfect match for the lens from the Camera Kit, there are 9 total filters in this set. All filters come with cases, most of which are original to the filters. The set includes:

1 - Tiffen #812 Warming filter
1 - Tiffen #15 Deep Yellow filter
1 - Tiffen #25 Red filter
1 - Tiffen #29 Deep Red filter
1 - Tiffen #11 Green filter
1 - Hoya HMC Orange (G) filter
1 - Asahi PENTAX Blue (Flood) filter
1 - Quantaray Linear Polarizing filter
1 - Promaster Spectrum 7 Yellow (Y2) filter - The equivalent to a Tiffen #8 Light Yelow

The condition of the filters themselves are all EX with the exception of the Pentax Blue filter. The blue filter has an almost imperceptible scratch near the outer edge. I can't tell if this is in the glass or the coating, it's very hard to find under most light, and has never had a noticeable affect in my images. The filter cases are in fair-to-good cosmetic condition, but fully functional.

Be aware that if you buy the entire package (the camera kit and the filters) you will end up with TWO Quantaray polarizers!

At the time of original posting I do not have pictures of the filter lot, but I will post them in the next day.

Conditions of Shipping
If the buyer takes both the Camera Kit and the Filter Lot the shipping will be free with a final cost of $135 for the entire package. Again, I will absorb all PayPal fees.

Reasonable offers will be considered for these items in their respective groups but an offer lower than full price forfeits the free shipping.

If the buyer takes a part of the sale the shipping costs will be based on the buyer's choice of shipping method. I will still absorb the PayPal fees.

Because I would prefer to sell the items as one complete package I ask that individuals interested in one part or the other of the sale PM me, but be aware that I will give the sale a few days to find a person interested in the entire package.

Item Location
Lancaster, PA

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Services
USPS if you buy the entire package
Individual item purchases are buyer's choice

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Items must be returned within 7 days, paid by the buyer, in same condition as originally sold.

Attached Images

02-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
Original Poster
Several PMs have gotten replies. Sale is tentatively pending once I get word back from first PMer.

The rest are now in a queue if something falls through. Thanks for your interest, everybody!