PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 Teleconverter for Pentax

Asking Price
$225

Item Location
Syracuse, NY

Item Description
I am selling a Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 Teleconverter in excellent condition with both original caps and pouch. I used this to convert my Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens in to a more versatile “walk-around” lens. I have since acquired an 18-125 lens that I will use as my “walk-around” lens and as much as I would like to keep this I am selling it for now as I need the extra cash (but will probably try to get another to replace it in the future). While using this converter I did not see any visible degradation in IQ in my photos (though I’m sure there is some just by nature of the extra glass), probably due to using it on an extremely sharp lens in the Tamron 17-50 2.8. BTW, this TC auto-focuses just fine with both my Tamron 17-50 2.8 and 70-300 lenses.

Based on my experience I would guess that you lose .7-.8 stops of light when using this, certainly not a full stop of light as my k-x seems to meter for. For example, when I took the same photo at the same settings my k-x halved the shutter speed (1 stop) but the image was noticeably brighter than without the TC. I took the comparison pic with the TC about 1/3 stop lower than without using the TC and they are pretty close in brightness since the camera was metering for a full 1 stop difference. The first pic (of my kid’s toy) is w/out the TC, the second with it.
Shipping and Paypal fees are included in the price.

Note added: For those of you looking closely at the comparison pics may notice that in the first there is a brown chunk on the green door, which is gone in the second one. That was wiped off the toy when I noticed it while shooting the second pic with the TC. Both pics were taken at the same time in the same lighting and that brown thing was on the toy and nothing to do with the lens or TC. Just wanted to put that out there for any questions from those looking at the comparison pics.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Other (Elaborate Below)

Shipping Charge
Included in price.

Shipping Services
USPS Insured.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Shipping insured and Paypal fees included in price. Will ship to Canada for additional $15.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by transam879; 11-29-2014 at 09:31 PM.
06-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Pm sent
06-06-2011, 04:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 69 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump!
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)