Item for Sale
Tamron Adaptall-2 300mm f2.8 60B

Asking Price
$950.00

Item Location
Utah (United States)

Item Description
Indecision has brought me to this point....:ugh:
Up for grabs is a great Tamron Adaptall-2 300mm f2.8 60B. This is one of the most complete sets I have seen as this lens came with a lot when it was sold new. Included here is:
Tamron 300mm f2.8 lens—glass is in great shape with no scratches, haze or fungus minor paint loss on the lens barrel
Tamron Adaptall-2 K/A mount
Tamron “normal” 112mm clear front filter
Tamron “normal” 43mm rear filter & drop in tray
Tamron 140f 1.4X converter w/ original front and rear caps
Tamron 01f 2X converter w/ original clear plastic rear cap
Tamron P/U mount m42 (allows use on all m42 mount cameras)
Original lens hood (the hood seems to be coming loose from its metal mount but still fully functional)
Original front leatherette cap
Original rear cap
Original case has spaces for the teleconverters and maybe filters (2 sides of the lid have come unglued and fallen off)
What appears to be the original bags off desiccant that came with the lens.
There is one tiny fleck sitting on one of the internal elements that looks to be a piece of the internal coating of the lens barrel. This does not show up in photos and does not affect image quality in any way. I get the "f---" when the lens is mounted on the camera but this is normal for the K/A mounts and can be easily fixed as several forums members have detailed.

I have been using this primarily with my 1.7X AFA adapter and it works great!!! I want something longer though.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
included in lower 48 states

Shipping Services
USPS / Fedex

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

10-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
If I did not have one, I would buy this one. Do you have sample of the pics you have taken with this lens? I have plenty handheld photos with this very heavy lens. With the 1.7x AFA and K5 acts with the AFC that keeps flying birds in focus.

This one was taken with the Pentax Kx and won an award in an exhibition already:

With the K5 and 1.7x AFA today:

10-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
Original Poster
Here is one from this lens not long ago.

Last edited by littledrawe; 10-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.
10-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
I have a couple questions if you don't mind....I've been reading up on the Tamron Adaptall-2 lenses.

Just to be sure - with the PK/A adapter that comes with this lens, will this give me total aperture control from within the camera (K20D)?

I've read there is very little IQ loss with the 1.4X TC - how does it hold up with the 2X?

I've also read that these lenses focus past infinity which I have dealt with with my 500mm 55BB mirror - is this a major hindrance or is there an easy way to deal with it?

You say you get the "f--" with this lens but there is an easy fix - can you point me to where I can read about this?

Now off to see what I can sell/move/barter to see if I can afford/justify this beautiful lens.........

10-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
This is how mine looks like. In this case I am using TC different that the one that came with the lens (not really a good idea).

10-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
From what I understand it will give you total aperture control when shooting in TAv mode. I have not used it with a K20d but there may be some people in the adaptall lens club that have your model and can verify it.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/59769-adaptall-mount-club-tamron.html

As far as the 2X TC I have not used it on this lens, I have another copy of the same TC on my 90mm f2.5 52b Adaptall 2 lens and it works great there to give me 1:1 macro with excellent results.
There are a couple of shots on this page with the 2X TC on my macro lens
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/129563-macro-lens-club-61.html

There is a ring just in front of the focus ring with a knob that sticks out that acts a focus limiter in that you can set it where infinity is for you, tighten the knob and it creates a stop so that the focus ring stops there as you turn it. You can see it in the photos above.

Here are some threads talking about the fixes for the pk/a adapter

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/72309-confused...ure-issue.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/50689-fixing-...a-adapter.html
10-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
PMS Sent

10-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
SOLD, shipping soon.