Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What should be the default forum color?
Green 7556.39%
Red 5843.61%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Default Color Scheme

I can't seem to make a decision myself, so I'm turning to you guys for help! Please vote on which template color should be default.

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Red like the Pentax logo on my camera strap.
04-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'd actually like to see a version with a combination of green and red with a black background, similar to the black/red combination of the camera strap like Jared said or black/green combination like a DA lens, perhaps even a black/green/gold option like the DA* lenses even. I think a black background with light text is much easier on the eyes anyway.
04-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I need to see what the Red looks like. I don't mind this green though but yeah, need to see the Red first.

04-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LittleSwans Quote
I need to see what the Red looks like. I don't mind this green though but yeah, need to see the Red first.
Use the style selector at the bottom of the page to switch to the red style

QuoteOriginally posted by inferno10 Quote
I'd actually like to see a version with a combination of green and red with a black background, similar to the black/red combination of the camera strap like Jared said or black/green combination like a DA lens, perhaps even a black/green/gold option like the DA* lenses even. I think a black background with light text is much easier on the eyes anyway.
I'd love to add another color scheme, but it gets really hard to manage simultaneous template (code) changes with so many styles...

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Red, maybe

I'm voting red with tired old weary eyes. I may regret the choice first thing in the morning when I have puffy old watery eyes. I've been using the classic scheme (muted grays) . Are you keeping that as a choice?
04-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
I'm voting red with tired old weary eyes. I may regret the choice first thing in the morning when I have puffy old watery eyes. I've been using the classic scheme (muted grays) . Are you keeping that as a choice?
Yes, all the previous styles can still be chosen.

Adam

04-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I likemboth, but I like the green more, it makes the site seem brighter. I'd be happy with either but id like to have the option to make mine green in the CP.
04-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #9

I still prefer the 'simple' skin for both the colour and the harder black and blue of the font.
04-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Well, actually both the red and green are a little hard on the eyes (so I did not select either in the poll). The classic gray scheme was/is easier to view over longer periods.

Of course, increasing the font size slightly in the messages panes would also help in that regard. I've posted a quick solution for the font size in another message, but that also impacts other web sites (and not all of them work nicely with that solution).

stewart
04-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I can't seem to make a decision myself, so I'm turning to you guys for help! Please vote on which template color should be default.
I like the new logo: the green star for the period (in the green skin) is a nice touch as it reminds us of the star in the "*" lenses.

I find the red skin to be quite harsh. The green is less agitating, but I would prefer the option of soothing blue tones. I still like the "classic" look better but green is my second choice. The simple skin has better colors, but the graphics don't look as good.

Last edited by GaryML; 04-15-2007 at 08:56 PM.
04-15-2007, 09:06 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Green....cooling & calming.

Hi Mo,
Definately GREEN....in my humble opinion.
It looks good, not too garish & loud or distracting.

It may also have a calming influence on some posters
04-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Hi Mo,
Definately GREEN....in my humble opinion.
It looks good, not too garish & loud or distracting.

It may also have a calming influence on some posters
Pink is a calming color.. care to test that one.. Green is better than red, but there might be other choices.....
04-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Neither. I feel like I'm on a car or gadget forum now. I still prefer the classic skin colours, grey on grey, although the graphics could be updated and the orange changed to red. It's your forum, do what you please, this is just an opinion of mine...you did ask
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #15
Inactive Account

I went with red because of the Pentax logo as well. The green is cool enough, but red would be more fitting.
Closed Thread