Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
POTW #212, 21 April through 5 May 2012
Posted By: mecrox, 04-29-2012, 09:13 AM

Welcome to edition #212 of the Pentax Forums' Picture of the Week. Thanks to SpecialK for hosting edition #211.

This edition covers photos from 21 April - 5 May 2012. That lets you show off any shots you took last week but haven't processed until now. In other words, you can post your shots from this week AND last week.

POTW is a great place to show what you've been shooting day-to-day. It gives us all a chance to see what other members are up to with their Pentax (and Samsung) cameras in the parts of the world in which they live or have visited. We can share ideas, learn from one another, and have a good time. So show us what you've seen in your little corner of the planet! Looking forward to seeing all of what's out there this week. A special welcome to all new members!

Again same rules as always:

No theme, just post your favorite pix.
Lets keep it to fewer than 6 images per post just so the thread doesn't get too big each week.
Any Pentax camera or Samsung SLR is fine, whether it's Film, P&S, Mirrorless, or DSLR.
Enter anything you shot last week or during this current week until the thread closes.
The current host will appoint the new host as an invitation via Private Message (PM). If possible, the new thread will be linked to the previous one and the new thread will start between Noon EDT and 5PM EDT on Sunday. If the thread doesn't start, please contact Peter Zack, Moderator via PM.
Views: 3,121
04-29-2012, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
OK, I'll start off from lil' old England. Dank and stormy weather over the past week so not much chance to use the light. Here are a couple, both with my K-5. The first is with a DA 40mm and the second is with an smc-A 50mm f1.4:

oxford-2-280412

oxford-1-240412

Enjoy!

--
04-29-2012, 10:57 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Thank you for hosting this week, mecrox!

This weekend a friend and me did a night shooting session on Reichenau Island. Here are some of the images I took. Hope you like them.
Have a great week,
David

Just another sunset

Waiting for the right light

Blue hour

Night over the Gnadensee

Stars
04-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for starting us off Mecrox. Abandoned rail trail. Have a great week everyone.

Last edited by lukulele; 10-03-2013 at 02:18 AM.
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks for hosting, mecrox.

04-29-2012, 07:32 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for hosting Mecrox, greta start and excellent offerings from David, Lukulele, and Kyle!
Just nature so far this week, red bellied woodpecker, pretty high up:

Question Mark Butterfly:

Butterfly Feeding Frenzy:

American Robin:
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks for hosting!

Just got back from a Japanese garden in the area, saw a lot of people carrying DSLRs (all Canikon of course).

04-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We're off to a cracking start this week ...

@Davidw0815:Nice set, lovely pics, particularly the last two which are awesome. Looks like a pleasant adventure by that lake, and makes me want to try night and time-lapse photography.

@lukulele: Great toning and perspective in that atmospheric first picture and I really like the shades of blue in that pretty flower.

@SpecialK: Lol, actually there's been a scandal in this country about dodgy outfits using "rocks" sourced from illegal el cheapo ingredients ...

@ruggiex: Wisteria season! Such a lovely time of year. It's on the front of old stone buildings here, or soon will be, but is only at its best for a couple of weeks. Wonderful scents.

@ramseybuckeye: Great focus in your first shot. I love those butterflies, their similar cousins (??) here are called commas (Polygonia c-album). Your third pic shows how extraordinary effective that "dead leaf" camouflage is. Well spotted!
04-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks fo hosting Mecrox. Lovely start we have had. David, i'm :cry:. That 15mm lens is doing fabulous stuff.

A contribution from me. Birds mostly, as I visited Ritvlei nature reserve again on Friday, and go there again tomorrow. It was quite a windy day, ideal for some sailing on the Rietvlei Dam.

Stone Chat

Ant Eating Chat

Orange Breasted Longclaw

And this beauty-I upped the saturation a bit to highlight the reddish face and legs

And from last Sunday- Water pollution from mining

And some reeds growing on the mine dumps

Have a wonderful week everyone.
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks to mecrox for hosting! There have been some interesting (SpecialK, I'm looking in your direction) shots already this week.

We've been fishing this week:

This is from the Just B/W thread:

This is from the Monochrome Landscape thread:

After fishing we watched a little softball:

And a couple of days later, we did it again!

I'll probably post again before this POTW expires. Have a great week!
04-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mecrox, thanks for hosting this week. Some nice stuff posted already! I haven't been able to get out & about with the camera much lately, but have some around the house & neighborhood shots. I've been trying to give my M75-150 lens some work lately:

(crop)

Jeannie's already feeling the 'dog days of summer', and it's still Spring! (Sigma A28-84):
05-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice set, @noelcmn. Love the shot of the two dinghies contrasted against the pylons. Your two final landscape shot are standouts, as is the spoonbill in full Pentax colours ...

Another great set from @pentaximus. Love the monochrome treatment of A Windy Day at the Lake, your catching that cast just as the bait drops in and "Cheap Seats" after the game.

Lively and colourful shots @paulh, especially the expression on Jeannie's face. Hounds might all be looking a bit that like over here, sent indoors by driving rain over the past week.

It's fascinating to see what everyone is getting up to all around the world, different seasons, life styles, and so on.
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She's Singing

Fired up the amp today...and...it works .

1st 2 shots of the finished chassis with original multi-capacitor cans installed for looks. Replacements are wired underneath. 2nd 2 shots from today. All tubes installed and running. Amazing sound for something thats 46 years old! All taken with K20D and DA 18-55 ALII.

The journey so far...
05-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CONGRATULATIONS John-Wow, you have some perseverance there. Fab pics too boot. Enjoy the sound!
05-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
CONGRATULATIONS John-Wow, you have some perseverance there. Fab pics too boot. Enjoy the sound!
Thanks! Here's what the innards look like all wired up. Currently listening to the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Ultradisc CD of Supertramp's Crime of the Century.