Pentax Lens Review Database » Pentax Auto 110 Lenses » Auto 110 Zoom Lenses

7.0
2 21,993 Thu July 30, 2015
PENTAX-110 20-40mm F2.8

PENTAX-110 20-40mm F2.8 PENTAX-110 20-40mm F2.8

A standard zoom for the Pentax Auto 110 system corresponding to 40-80mm in the 24x36mm format.

Max. aperture: f/2.8
Closest focusing distance: Unknown
Diagonal angle of view: 56 - 30 degrees
Optics: 8 elements in 8 groups
Filter diameter: 49 mm
Size: 54 x 45.2 to 65.4 mm
Weight: 174 g

Add Review of PENTAX-110 20-40mm F2.8
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-2 of 2

Lens Review Date: July 30, 2015 I can recommend this lens: No | Price: $40.00 | Rating: 6

Pros: Well built, Smooth, Aasy to handle
Cons: Sharpness
Sharpness: 5    Aberrations: 5    Bokeh: 5    Handling: 8    Value: 6

This lens I use on digital, crop. Of all the Pentax lenses I use I find this lens not sharp on the digital camera. I like the range, the price was more than fair, but I just can't be pleased with it. If you shoot film, (I heard the film is again available), this lens might work fine, but on crop digital, I am not crazy about it. This compared to the other lenses in the Auto 110 that are great performers in my opinion. I would still get it to have the whole set as GAS is forcing me, but...
Could be the lens, though I got it New in the Box, but again, doesn't ring my bell.

Giveaway winner!

Registered: December, 2007
Location: beantown
Lens Review Date: June 27, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: N/A | Rating: 8

Pros: Handy zoom range to walk around with
Cons: Not wide enough sometimes
Sharpness: 8    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 7    Value: 8

I will point out that this was used with Film

It is not a bad lens, but the other more smaller lenses makes this lens not always on the camera. It has good sharpness, but I must say that the cam inside is not always accurate and the very shallow rim for the front make this lens very prone to glare and loss of sharpness. So compared to the smaller prime lenses, the contrast is a little loose and it is at best a quick snap shot lens.

It still is a nice lens when you want more flexible and now a days you can cook in some contrast via post-processing. Consider getting an appropriate hood for it and be sure while zooming that you check your focus carefully.
Add Review of PENTAX-110 20-40mm F2.8

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!