Pentax Lens Review Database » Film Era Pentax K-Mount Lenses » Pentax K-mount Teleconverters and Adapters
SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter Review RSS Feed

SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter

21 92,288 Wed November 15, 2017
SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter

This 1.7x teleconverter/AF adapter provides autofocus capability with manual focus lenses. When used with autofocus lenses, the adapter performs the focusing rather than the lens.

Features of this teleconverter:

• Autofocus (screw drive) also with manual focus lenses
  • Supports Tv or P exposure mode (in addition to M and Av), if the camera allows
  • The converter does not transmit focal length and MTF information from lens to camera

Supported Lenses:

• K and M-series lenses with a maximum aperture of F2.8 or faster, except SOFT 85mm F2.2
  • A-series lenses with a maximum aperture of F2.8 or faster in the focal range 16 to 400mm, except macro lenses
  • smc Pentax-A 35-105mm F3.5 (macro setting not usable)
  • Fast apertures are strongly recommended since the converter reduces available light by 1.5 stops

Autofocus lenses can also be used, though the converter will do the focusing.

Since the converter has a limited adjustment range, in certain scenarios you may need to manually turn the focusing ring on the lens closer to the desired focus point for the converter to be able to focus within that range.  This generally applies to lenses with a long focus throw.

SMC Pentax-F 1.7X AF Adapter
KA
64 x 26 mm (2.5 x 1 in.)
1987 to 1997
Engraved name: SMC Pentax-F 1.7X AF Adapter
The converter has a built-in AF mechanism and thus converts K, M and A-series lenses to autofocus albeit with an 1.7x extension of their focal length.
The converter is designed for lenses with a maximum aperture of F2.8 or larger, and a focal length from 16mm to 400mm. It also works with the smc Pentax-A 35-105mm lens (macro setting not usable).
When used with an AF lens, the AF mechanism of the lens will not be used. The converter will do the focusing.
The converter retains all exposure modes supported by the lens.
The converter does not relay information about focal length, MTF, or lens name to the camera.
Screwdrive AutofocusInternal FocusingAutomatic ApertureFull-Frame SupportDiscontinued

Add Review of SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-15 of 21

Lens Review Date: November 15, 2017 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $370.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Now my M primes focus without my help - almost
Cons: None - this is like owning a time machine

I own most M prime lenses so this is a great addition to my kit. I purchased it new in 2017 from Japan (with Richo packaging). Does not seem to work well with zoom lenses. The exception is the A 35-105. Wait till you see the results of using it with the M *300. Great Also the Sears 135 Micro produces great results. You may think i am a kid with candy - well Almost!

Note: Catch in focus does not work with the adapter - camera fires without proper focus - strange

Registered: July, 2007
Location: North West UK
Lens Review Date: July 11, 2017 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $230.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: AF to MF lenses, Works with the DA1.4 stacked in the right order, IQ
Cons: Not cheap, you have to work with it

I managed to find one of these second-hand as they had a great reputation.
But what do I think? yes it is worth the plaudits, the IQ is very good indeed.

If you have the 1.4x DA converter it also works with that too, with little loss in IQ. Think of it this way, a stacked 1.7x and 1.4x still gives superior IQ than my Sigma 170-500mm superzoom when mounted to my DA*300.

Downsides?
Well you still have to focus the lens on the end to the AF "zone" the adaptor wants, which slows you down and potentially miss the shot.
The other thing is, because they are rare, they are not cheap.

Worth it though.

Lens Review Date: February 5, 2015 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $90.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Works brilliantly with Pentax-M 50mm f1.4
Cons: Less well with everything else I have tried ...

This gadget, that I bought in from an on-line photography site, launched my obsessive collecting of Adaptall lenses, so it has a lot to answer for.

In combination with the Pentax-M 50mm f1.4, I find it flawless. The combination is still fast compared with my usual consumer and bargain fare (about f2.3), it is compact, and it handles well. At events, I manually set the aperture and speed, prefocus to somewhere short of infinity, and then seldom have to adjust anything again. Autofocus is instant, I have no complaints with respect to its accuracy, and bokeh, sharpness and colours are all excellent.

Since I've been using an aggressive hood, I've come to prefer the look from the 50mm f1.4 to the 50m f1.7. I have a Pentax-A 50mm f1.7, and the combination works effectively, but to my mind the images offer nothing over the slightly slower Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG, which is at its best at shorter focal lengths.

As mentioned by others, the 1.7x AF requires the presence of a K-style aperture lever to activate the autofocus function, so it doesn't autofocus M42 lenses with adapters, or T2 lenses. With these it functions as a 1.7x Teleconverter. It's O.K., but I get better central sharpness from a Kiron 1.5x (though the Pentax is better than the other 1.5x TC I own).

If I mount a T2 or M42 lens on the 1.5x TC (which has an aperture lever), and then mount the TC on the Pentax-F 1.7x AF, it will autofocus if the lens is fast enough (f4.5), but the images that have resulted have been soft and lacking in contrast.

Although it is only specified to work with lenses f2.8 and faster, in my experience the Pentax-F 1.7x AF autofocus mostly locks on reliably, albeit slowly, when the lens wide-open aperture, after allowing for the adapter, is f11 or greater, on my Samsung GX-20 in good light.

Whether you will be able to discern more detail in the image created by the 1.7x than you would find in a 'digitally zoomed' version of an image taken without the 1.7x is another matter. Ones that pass this test for me are:
  • Pentax-M 50mm f1.4
  • Tamron Adaptall-2 135mm f2.5 03B
  • Tamron Adaptall SP 90mm f2.8 72B
  • Tamron Adaptall 200mm f3.5 CT-200
  • Tamron Adaptall-2 200mm f3.5 04B
  • Tamron Adaptall 300mm f5.6 'Auto Tamron'
  • Tamron Adaptall 300mm f5.6 CT-300
  • Tamron Adaptall SP 300mm f5.6 54B
  • Tamron Adaptall SP 500mm f8 55BB
  • Vivitar (Tokina) TX 400mm f5.6 first version (77mm, 8 elements in 8 groups)
Ones that I have tried, but which don't seem to play so well are all the other Adaptall, Adaptall-2 and Adaptall SP (60-85)-(210-300) f(3.5-3.8)-f(4-5.4) zooms.

However, for all of these with a maximum focal length of 200mm or less, it begs the question, why would you? For example, the Pentax FA 80-320mm f4.5-5.6 covers almost the entire range of any such lens used with the adapter, it will be faster, lighter (even than the Pentax-M 75-150mm f4 plus 1.7x AF combination), will concede nothing in image quality, and will likely cost less than the Pentax-F 1.7x AF on its own.

Out of curiosity, I also tried my long AF Telezooms, and compared them on their own, and with the Teleplus MC4 Pz-AF DG. The MC4 only autofocuses when the attached lens is f4.5 or faster, so the 1.7x AF, which works to f5.6 and beyond, potentially offers some additional reach. My results were as follows.
  • The lenses are reported as A lenses
  • You have to set the shake reduction focal length manually
  • The aperture for the Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG could not be set successfully via the camera. The lens obviously made a complete hash of its PKA-compatible communication attempts.
  • The two Pentax 100-300mm zooms seemed to work properly as PKA lenses
  • The Pentax FA 100-300mm f4.7-5.8 wouldn't lock focus reliably past about 180mm
  • The Pentax F 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 would lock all the way out to 300mm, and it gave the best images that I achieved with the 1.7x AF, but I got better results by 'digital zooming', and still better with the MC4.
In summary, my only unqualified successes, in so far as the combination gives me something that I cannot achieve more easily and cheaply in some other way are:
  • Pentax-M 50mm f1.4
  • Tamron Adaptall SP 90mm f2.8 72B in macro mode
  • Tamron Adaptall 80-250mm f3.8 Z250
  • Tamron Adaptall 70-350mm f4.5 CZ735
  • Tamron Adaptall 500mm f8 55BB (needs a bright day and high-contrast target, but it works)
  • Vivitar (Tokina) TX 400mm f5.6
And two of these make the grade because the manual lenses were such astonishingly good value.

When I am going out with just fast primes, I do pack the 1.7x AF for the potential additional reach, and to fill the gaps, but I seldom deploy it.

So, whilst I recommend the Pentax F 1.7x at the price I paid for it, I would never be able to justify paying $200 plus.

Location: Svealand
Lens Review Date: August 10, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $185.00 | Rating: 10

Pros:
Cons:

Well what could I add after reading cyberjunkie's and so many other great rewiews of this adapter. I can only say that it's really strange to see that my manuall lenses now have AF. I will try this adapter with my manuall lenses and tell you how it worked with the different lenses.

Location: Bologna, Amsterdam, Chiang Mai

Lens Review Date: February 15, 2013 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: N/A | Rating: 9

Pros: everything, if used correctly
Cons: everything, if used the wrong way

After reading a few of the previous user reviews, i think it's better to try to understand what this piece of equipment was meant for. when it was manufactured.
Before buying any tool, the first thing to do is to realize what IT IS, and what IT IS NOT.

What it is NOT:
1) a conventional converter, there are cheaper and better choices, either 2x or 1.4x
2) good for zooms; even a conventional converter does not mate well with zooms!
3) a replacement for a full-fledged AF system: the focusing of the lens must be roughly adjusted beforehand
4) a converter for AF lenses (there is not such a thing - EDIT: sorry, i didn't check! I have seen them on sale... too expensive, IMHO)
5) compatible with slow MF lenses (it should not lock the focus with lenses slower than f/4.5, better if little faster, if there is scarce illumination... but i had success a few times with a f/5.6 lens, so i guess it's dependent on the amount of available light)

What it IS:
1) the only way to turn a compatible MF lens in an AF one
2) a decent 1.7x converter, if used with the "right" lenses
3) perfectly compatible with the electric contacts of KA lenses, allowing to use any exposure mode with modern DSLR cameras

Super-fast lenses apparently don't mate well with this converter, but i have little personal experience about it.
I didn't notice any particular problem with my 1.4/50mm M, but i didn't use it wide open with the AF converter.
I am sure that it performs admirably with a Tamron 2.5/90mm Macro, with P-KA Adaptall-2 adapter.
While high magnification macro photography is done strictly in MF mode, macro "hunting" at much lower magnifications can benefit from AF focusing (which allows to shoot quickly).
I have been very satisfied by the Tamron/1.7x AF combo: if we add the conversion factor to the crop factor of the APS-C sensor, we can get a powerful macro tele which allows to shoot small critter from a distance, filling the frame with the subject.
In such condition, a monopod and an off-camera fill-in flash would be extremely helpful.
I used the AF converter with a 2.5//135mm K, with decent results, but the best match are A lenses.
The way i use the camera, K and M lenses aren't exactly super fast to operate... so there would be little meaning in turning them into autofocus ones, to save one or two seconds!
The other lenses i own are not perfect candidates for the AF adapter, as wide angles (albeit sometimes usable as "normal" on DSLR) don't match well with optical converters. Retrofocus design isn't made for duplicators!
Most of the others, for a reason or another, are not good for this converter.
I must admit that i have a couple of A* lenses (1.4/85mm and 2.8/200mm) which could be a good match, but i never had the heart to bring them with me when i use the 1.7x AF. That is, when i leave for a naturalist/macro outing in the deep of the bush.
For other types of pictures, i prefer to use manual focusing, so the AF adapter isn't needed.
Someday i will test those lenses in AF/converted form, just for curiosity

Depending on the lenses you own, and how you use them, this adapter could be either extremely useful, or worthless.
There are no other tools that can be used in its place.
For what it does, it does it extremely well, provided that you use it with the right lenses.
One advice: if you want to know in advance how this adapter would mate with your lens, and you can't find the right informations on the web, it is very likely that a lens that works well with a 7-elements duplicator, would also give a satisfying IQ with this AF teleconverter.

Registered: August, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Lens Review Date: January 15, 2013 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: N/A | Rating: 8

Pros: Grants limited AF to MF lenses. Not a 2X teleconverter
Cons: Can't use as teleconverter for AF lenses. Doesn't work for screw mount lenses either.

This is a really strange animal.

For years, I held off on getting one because the prices are so high and I generally don't like teleconverters that much (due to the lost of quality and my being a wide angle guy).

That being said, I really love manual lenses and having even limited AF on them sounds really appealing. Finally, I found a good price on one and decided to give it a try.

This thing gave me one pleasant surprise and two bad ones.

Good news first: The lost of quality is pretty minimal, better than most teleconverters and better than a 2x tele for sure. Also, despite its limited AF capability, it is pretty easy to focus into "close enough" range for this thing to take over. For "A" class lenses, it also correctly translates the f-stop to compensate for the loss of light.

Bad news 1: This thing can't be used as a teleconverter for natively AF lenses unless you want to lose your full AF and live with a "limited" AF! I was shocked that no one ever mentioned this! When mounted, the camera's AF only moves the AF of the teleconverter, the screw doesn't reach the actual lens at all, so now your normally fully AF lens is a limited AF lens! (I guess I should have downloaded the manual before buying, but it just never occured to me.)

Bad news 2: This doesn't work with M42 screw mount lenses even though you have an original Pentax M42 adapter. Apparently, the aperature lever clicks something on this thing and it allows the AF function to engage, since M42 lenses don't use the K mount aperature lever (it uses a pin), it just functions as a Non-AF teleconverter if you mount screw mount lenses to it. This sucks.

If you use this thing with "A" class lenses, it works just as advertised. Allows you to focus almost as quickly as an autofocus lens for the price of 1.5 stops of light and a 1.7x magnification.

If you use it with "M" and "K" class lenses, it still works OK, of course you have to use your camera in M mode with the green button unless you just shoot wide open.

If you use it with any autofocus lenses, you've just downgraded your lens to a semi-autofocus lens.

If you use it with any M42 screw mount lens, then it's just a plain old dumb tele-converter.

So the guy who wrote the review saying that this isn't a teleconverter was correct. This is a device meant primarily to convert "A" class lenses to partial AF lenses. It just happens to provide 1.7x maginification. In that regard, this thing works just perfectly.

Lens Review Date: January 27, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $400.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: gives me a good portrait lens with 50mm f1.7

I got this gadget on a hunch -- one of those impulse purchases on e-bay. When I combine it with with my manual 50mm f1.7, it becomes an f2.8, 85mm lens -- very useful for portraits on my K5.

But here's the absolute plus: the portraits that the combo creates are much more interesting attractive, and warm than those same subjects taken with my 77mm ltd. I love the character of these new pics. The colors are more accurate, the subjects more calm and alive than in pics with the more clinical 77mm -- a lens I also like.

The combo has become a very special lens for me.

Registered: October, 2010
Location: Paris, TX

Lens Review Date: January 20, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $125.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: good build quality; performs as designed
Cons: overpriced if $400; must carefully select lens used with it (i.e. 200/2.5, MF 300/2.8)

Back in the day Pentax had a mighty lineup of manual focus lenses for film bodies. Then oops Minolta started the AF revolution, Canon and Nikon jumped on board, and Pentax... well they created the little 1.7x AF Adapter.

Skip forward many years, and I wrote a review on this adapter. Today I am completely revising that review upwards. I have changed my mind about the 1.7x Adapter, rating it 8 instead of 7, and going with a 'yes' recommendation.. It could be because I'm thinking of selling my spare one soon.

Other reviewers tell about the pros and cons of this lens. They mention the occasional sky ooohigh price. If I were offered $400 I would try to tell the buyer he could spend less for something more useful. But the average of recent ebay 'sold' listings is a bit over $200, which could be a fair deal, counting for inflation since it first came out.

If you have a certain lenses it can be useful, though sometimes slow to get the shot. My favorites, with FF or digital crop factor, in no particular order:

A* 200/4 Macro [yummie]

M 200/2,5 [510mm / f5.1 in a small package, though heavy and slow to focus.

A 50/2 or A 50/1.4 - especially good full frame combos.

85/2

most any 90 - 100 lens: normal or Macro, MF or AF, f2.8 or 4.

M 300/f4

old Cult Classic Vivitar 90-180/f4.5 zoom, with tripod foot - see M200/2.5.

I never had the A 200/4 or the 400/5.6 so can't comment.

I tried it on my FA* 600/f4 several times but could not get the Adapter to quit hunting, not even with the 600 set to Manual Focus.

Look for my spare to be for sale somewhere, sometime. I just don't shoot much beside family snaps anymore.

Location: United States

Lens Review Date: July 13, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $50.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Amazingly little quality loss, adds AF to manual lenses, reasonably fast AF
Cons: Nothing really

I have found a NEW unused copy of this beauty online. It was marked down CLEARANCE for $30 and I paid $20 for overnight shipping. For the price I paid, I must say, this is a spectacular piece of glass.

I have a nice collection of Pentax A lenses (50mm 1.7, 28mm 2.8, 135mm 2.8) and this converter adds autofocus to all of them at only one and half stop light loss. Having this adapter is like having three more primes that has AF. I have always liked manual focus lenses better than AF lenses, so having to approximate focus first does not really bother me. I have also tried this with my DA 18-55 and 55-300 and Tamron 70-300. Works alright with them as well. Since these are not very fast lenses, the performance is not nearly as good as my fast primes. I don't use my zoom lenses very often anyway.

Overall, I think this is a great addition to anyone's collection. And, if they have Pentax manual lenses, then this is a MUST as it will produce incredible versatility.

Location: California

Lens Review Date: April 20, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: N/A | Rating: 10

Pros: It convert manual lenses into Autofocus and also multiplies the focal lenght
Cons: Takes almost 2 f-stops of light

The reason I chose Pentax over Canon is because I could make some manual lenses AF with this converter. So, this is a must have adapter. This lens is like a wife, it it good but this or that, but you have to have one. Really, this lens works fine with my Pentax M50mm, f1.4, f1.7, f2, M28mm f2.8, M135mm f2.8, M200 f4, but did not work well with my Pentax M400 f5.6 although it tried. It works fabulous with my Manual Tamron Adaptall SD 300mm f2.8. Sometimes I wish it were 1.4x instead of 1.7x. I hesitated to buy it, but after a while, and after having the 300mm f2.8, I had to have it. So, go and get yours quickly. It also works well with all my FA and A lenses. It is a must with my PKA and my Adaptall lenses. I have two and looking to get one more.
The photo below was taken with my Tamron 300mm f2.8+ the 1.7xAFA

Update:
Here is a photo with the Vivitar 105/2.4:

Vivitar105mmf2.5&PX1.7xAFA-BigFly-1 by Palenquero, on Flickr

Vivitar105mmf2.5&PX1.7xAFA-Moth1-1 by Palenquero, on Flickr

Registered: November, 2008
Location: Lyon, France

Lens Review Date: March 11, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $350.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: AF magic, good IQ, mag 1.7, bokeh
Cons: High cost

This the main reason that I switched from Canon to Pentax, and I never regret of that.

This magic TC transforms any manual lens to semi AF lens. Only in Pentax, Nikon has the same thing, but it is very difficult to find.

Pros:
+ Transform MF lenses -> AF lenses.
+ Can works with lenses faster than f4.5 even f5.6 (in very good conditions)
+ Magnification 1.7x
+ Very good IQ, (I rate the IQ about 9.5/10)
+ Can deliver "Excellent" bokeh with some lenses which have "Ugly" bokeh (e.g my Minolta 50mm 1.2 has very ugly bokeh, but in couple with this TC, it allows very smooth bokeh. cf photo)
+ Transform automatically the aperture.

Cons:
- High cost.
- Difficult to find.

Photos:
With Minolta 50mm 1.2

With Kiron 105mm 2.5

Location: Perth Western Australia
Lens Review Date: March 5, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $370.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: extremely enjoyable to use , works with any appropriate lens with good quality results

absolutely love it! I wish I could get it earlier and for less.
I purchased mine brand new from Japan, assembled in Vietnam.
it does all what was designed to do.
it works with any possible lenses, with K , KA or M42 (via Pentax adaptor) mounts, of course in some cases ( black or coated K and M42) you might need to short some contacts to enable auto focus and stop down metering.
I contacted Pentax in Australia and suggested to include those setting's changes in camera's menus with future firmware upgrades so we could do it easy way and we do not have to use messy aluminium foil to achieve it instead.
Maybe this forum should also put some pressure on Pentax to include "auto focus and stop down metering enabled" settings in all Pentax DSLR's menus in the future!

Registered: November, 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Lens Review Date: January 25, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $254.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Adds autofocus to A lenses and earlier
Cons: Applicable in IQ terms mainly to longer lenses

After reading much discussion (some good, some not so good, and some odd - I don't see the point in reviewing something that is only half-working, for example) on this Forum, I decided that, on balance, this TC would be a good addition to my long-range kit. I haven't really been disappointed with the results, but one has to exercise discernment in choosing which lenses it's attached to.
I've used it successfully with my A400/5.6 and on my smc-Tak 135/2.5, with good resultant sharpness and only a tiny loss of contrast. It's really pointless (unless you're desperate for the shot) putting it on anything shorter than that. I've also tried it with usable success at the lower end only, of my K400-600 cat, but that lens isn't the sharpness king at the best of times, and I could simply zoom it to the same focal length, anyway (it might just be usable at the long end in brilliant sunshine).
Exposure compensation, as others have mentioned, is necessary on some lenses, but that doesn't pose much of a challenge to any photographer worth their salt.
It's a necessary adjunct to most Pentax shooters kit, in my view - I'm sorry I didn't get one earlier.

Registered: October, 2009

Lens Review Date: January 5, 2011 I can recommend this lens: No | Price: $300.00 | Rating: 1

Pros:
Cons:

The aperture electronics are broken on my copy (but the focusing still works fine) so it is possible that a pristine copy would give better results.

However, reviewing what I have, I'm just not very impressed with it. Yes, you gain autofocus, but in return you give up some things:

1. You lose some light. In practise this means where you would have been using your lens at it's sweet spot aperture setting, you now have to dial down one, so you lose sharpness.

2. It's also a teleconverter. If you've got a long lens and you want it to be even longer then a teleconverter might be exactly what you want, but most of the time if you have a nice portrait lens you don't want it to become a tele lens. So you now have to find a new wide angle lens to become your 'portrait' lens after conversion.

3. You lose sharpness. I'm not saying the IQ is awful - it may well be better than any other teleconverter out there. But the whole reason I'm using old lenses in the first place is because they are very cheap and very sharp. Adding the converter reduces the IQ to something similar to the kit lens. It's not *bad*, but why not just use the kit lens, which already has autofocus and is free?

I'm sending mine back and will be using the money to get a good focusing screen for manual focusing instead.

Registered: February, 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Lens Review Date: August 16, 2010 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $350.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Af for any lens. Pairs well with excellent primes and some zooms
Cons: Don't use it with glass faster than 2.8

This, as with any TC is somewhat of a mixed bag. If you throw it on a lens with already mediocre performance, you'll be sorely unimpressed.

If you choose solid glass, this TC will provide you with stunning results.

A few notes of caution. I've not had much success with glass faster than 2.8. At that point you're better off just getting your somewhat longer glass out anyway.

When attached, this makes your lens behave as an A series lens, and you must manually pick the focal length. Therefore, it's not a great choice with zooms unless you're sticking to one end of the focal length. (It will make your SR over or under correct essentially).

The built in AF usually requires you to make a first "close" focus adjustment yourself. This tends to work out fine for me, but your results may vary. It seems to work with 2.8, 4, and 4.5 glass quite well.

Although you have to pick the focal length, the TC does adapt the aperture, so it will appear mostly correct in your exif data.

Once you understand these limitations, this TC can create some excellent results.

One more thing to note, with slow glass, I've found the AF accuracy in liveview outperforms the AF in the viewfinder on my K-7. I was getting surprisingly good results taking pictures of the moon with this attached to my 1000mm F/11 Reflex and letting the TC handle the focusing in live view. Perhaps even better than if I had tried to focus it myself.
Add Review of SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!