Review statistics for pshersby
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR
I got his lens 2nd hand after trying to get the 25mm prime and failing! I already have a 35mm prime and I was looking for something a little wider for interiors and exagerated perspective/foreground detail I finally got to use this lens for a full week attached to a 645z, leaving it attached most of the time. I spent a week walking about various locations with camera in hand for 3-6 hours at a time, it became tiring on shoulder strap, switch to carrying in the hand was better but at the end of the day some discomfort. The problem is that this is a lens you proably do want to leave attached. I need to look for a wider more comfortable strap. You can read other reviews about the detail of the image quality all I will add is that Image quality is completely satisfactory for all practical usaes. A little less contrast than the 35mm prime, pretty flat field, surprising in the range. All images totally usable including those shooting with glare (since it showed as overall loss of contrast not patterns). SR is very handy particlarly shooting inside without flash and seems to work well. It was also handy walking around a garden using a polarizer and ND grad, at ISO 100 f/8 I was shooting at about 1/30 but SR did cope with that fine. One note about SR on the 645z though - when I previewed the detail info on my first few hours shots I noticed SR was "off" (and I couldn't make it come on), The root cause turned out to be that I often shoot with a tripod so I ...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!