Review statistics for richard0170
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-M 28mm F3.5
Being something of a fan of the 40-45mm FOV on film/FF, I have a thing for 28mm lenses on my KP and K3 cameras, and I will be reviewing this lens with that in mind.
I paid 45 for my copy, though optically perfect has a slight focusing error - it seems to randomly skip when approaching infinity, something my 20mm f4 also does, so it may be a design flaw with the M series. This fault does not effect image quality, but can be disconcerting if not used to it. I would cheerfully pay a few quid more for the fault not to be present.
Handling is something of a mixed bag. If you do not mind using MF and manual exposure (I don't), it makes a nice compact companion for you smaller Pentax bodies (compared to say the K 28mm f3.5 which makes them nose heavy), and needless to say work just as well on the larger ones. Some might miss the lack of AF or automated exposure, though I believe the K3 iii will offer the latter to those lucky enough to obtain one. All 2 of the controls, focusing (apart from the aforementioned fault in my copy) and aperture work just fine. Care must be taken when using the viewfinder for focusing as it is easy to miss on standard screens. I have a microprism collar screen installed in my K3 and it makes the task so much more reliable. Any softness of images I believe are largely due to focus errors and flare. This lens is design for 35mm film and as a wide angle and as such much more susceptible to flare than a lens designed for crop. I recommend the use of a stan...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!