Review statistics for mmck
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-A 28mm F2.8
I've owned this lens since the mid 80's. Although I don't consider it to be particularly sharp I used it regularly in the film era and since it's my favourite focal length for aps-c, I use it even more now. It has good contrast and pleasant colour and if I don't go overboard cropping images the sharpness is acceptable. I've adjusted infinity focus on it and I'm satisfied with the results I'm getting. Quite often there are Pentax-M, Tokina and Rikenon versions available on CL from $20 to $70C but I'm not tempted because I don't feel there's a chance of much improvement. I've included four sample images in the review. The first is of an through-arch bridge over the Fraser River. Even though it's taken through a window it shows infinity sharpness at f5.6. https://www.flickr.com/photos/135991508@N02/30713312553/ The second is of an elderly gentleman standing at a community bookshare station. It shows sharpness at f2.8. https://www.flickr.com/photos/135991508@N02/31402699105/ The third is an overhead shot at an ocean pier showing some people in the process of leaving after a public baptism ceremony while others are still engaged in conversation. The person of focus is a young man on the left side of the frame looking across the gathering to the horizon. It's shot at f6.3 and has good sharpness edge to edge. https://www.flickr.com/photos/135991508@N02/30162970264/ The fourth illustrates its close focus and bokeh capability. Here the subject is of a small figure in an display case ...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!