Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for PentaxLou
Latest Review Posted S-M-C Takumar 6x7 / Super Takumar 6x7 55mm F3.5
This was my second lens for my Pentax 6x7. I purchased it before the camera even arrived from Japan because I was excited to have a wide angle lens on a medium format camera for the ridiculously low cost of $114, American. If you've handled this lens then you will know that it's heavy. At 920 grams this lens is over 2 pounds. My 6X7 body weighs almost 3 pounds and if you are used to shooting with film SLRs like me, the weight difference is significant. But who cares?! This lens and body combination is perfect for what I do and that's mostly landscape and cityscape work. But with a minimum focusing distance of 45cm I also get to shoot up-close with a lens that offers beautiful Bokeh at f3.5. It's a dream! The lens handles well: my copy focuses smoothly and the aperture ring is nice and clicky. A lens hood is available so go out and get it. I haven't experienced any lens flare that would cause me to neglect this lens and even though I own a hood, I rarely use it. It's a beautiful hood too, by the way - large and square like the ones on old Hollywood movie cameras. The lens does have that nostalgic movie camera/lens look to it - with or without the hood. It's probably due to its size. It is long and wide and the filter ring is a whopping 100mm. It looks like a serious lens. My first 6x7 lens was the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f4 Macro. I pulled it out of the box and sat it next to my Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 100mm f4 (an M42 lens) and was amazed at their size diffe...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!