Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for VitaliyPotapchikov
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-D FA* 85mm F1.4 SDM AW
I liked the HD Pentax-D FA * 85mm F1.4 SDM AW lens as soon as I saw it! He is handsome in appearance, both on his own and when worn on the camera. It looks nice and proportional on the camera and balances well with the camera.
This lens is perfect for photographing both portraits and landscapes. And even the subject shooting is great for him! All this is due to the amazing sharpness. As well as the beautiful, watercolor blurred bokeh of this lens.
After getting used to shooting with the usual lenses that I had before it, the feeling of shooting with the HD Pentax-D FA * 85mm F1.4 SDM AW is similar to when I first took a ride in a 600 Mercedes. Mixed sense of chic, power and comfort.
At open apertures with this lens, you need to learn to photograph those who have never before had the experience of shooting with high-aperture lenses. Because the HD Pentax-D FA * 85mm F1.4 SDM AW has a very narrow depth of field. For example, when shooting from a distance of 2 meters and with an aperture of 1.4, the depth of field is about 2-3 cm. And if, when shooting a face portrait, you do not hit the focus point on the eyes, but hit the tip of the nose, then the eyes will already be in the zone of blur.
I can say that the HD Pentax-D FA * 85mm F1.4 SDM AW surprised me many times. At first I was surprised by the rather impressive dimensions of this lens. And also its considerable weight. And I also doubted that this lens would be able to shoot sharp shots at an open aperture (1.4).
But a...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!