Review statistics for rdenney
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR
I purchased a pre-owned lens from Adorama at a good price, and the lens turned out to be a problem performer. It was fine at some angles, but when level on the tripod, aimed at my test scene, it did not match the performance of either the 35mm prime or the 45mm end of the 45-85 zoom, and it missed by a mile. My suspicion is that something that is supposed to not be loose was, and fell out of alignment under certain conditions and into alignment at other times. Adorama took it back without a hiccup, and I sent that money to Australia to a forum member who offered me his lens instead. The beast was proving physically unmanageable for him, and I can understand that. It is indeed a beast, as all who have reviewed it will confirm. But compared to my Sinar P, it's light as a feather. And compared to a Zeiss Jena 180mm f/2.8 Sonnar (or, Heaven forbit, the 300), it's not particularly beastly. Put that Sonnar on a Kiev 60, and carry that around for a bit. Or a Pentax 67 with a 300mm lens and TTL finder. You'll never complain about the 645z again. But I do consider carrying it around as part of my workout regimen. I warm up using my dumbbells, usually in the range of 35-50 pounds each, as a warm up for the big lift of carrying this puppy. Okay, it's not that bad, but it will still be favored by those who work out in the gym. Today I made new test photos with the replacement lens, and conditions were a bit more like my original test in terms of lighting. It was a gray day just as it w...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!