Review statistics for labidas
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM
Pentax DA*50-135 F2,8

My thoughts after 18months of use.
(not a review, I don't have the necessary know-how and equipment to review a lens.)

Ergonomics and design

Very good size and weight. You can definitely carry it around all day, even shoot one handed on the wider end.
The weathersealing is tight. It will even survive underwater for some time. (don't ask me, just know it's not completely watertight :P) In rain, no question.
The grips are from rubber and real tight. The rubber hasn't slipped once even after I've removed it from the zoom ring various times. (why? Keep reading)
The resistance on both the zoom and focusing rings are good. No complaints there.
The hood is long and tough. It might seem sometimes it doesn't attach properly, but in real use it has never come loose so no lost points there. I'm actually glad it's big. Makes you feel bigger ;) and helps keep the contrast.
This lens has an dedicated MF/AF switch. I don't use it much at all because in addition it has quickshift: you can use manual focus in AF.
Mounted on a tripod (a rather cheap one ~50$) it doesn't move in landscape orientation. When I turn my ballhead 90 to the side (portrait orientation) it has a hard time keeping steady and sometimes starts sliding. So a tripod collar would have been nice with this lens :/
The housing is made from metal and the paint hasn't started coming off from any parts. My copy is almost 8 years old and it still looks like a mint one from the outside.

...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!