Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for RICHARD L.
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-FA 645 35mm F3.5 AL [IF]
I now have a full array of Autofocus FA lenses for my 645Z : FA 35, DFA 55, FA 120, FA 200, FA* 300, FA 400 plus 5 FA zooms (33-55, 45-85, 55-110, 80-160 and 150-300), all superb lenses. I also have 9 manual-focus A lenses I gathered for my 645N over the years. Now I can easily pick 2 or 3 lenses to make a "light travel kit" for the day. Most perform best between f/8 and f/16. . Upper picture below taken @ f/8, second image @ f/11 with the handheld FA 35 mm f/3.5. This lens produces excellent sharpness and contrast as well as beautiful colors. It is light and easy to handle, though it is always best to use it mounted on a tripod. I personally didn't see any lack of edge-to-edge sharpness due to excessive curvature of field. No medium-format lens is at its best when used "wide-open", just like large-format optics. . At first, I wanted the newer HD version but the price is ridiculously high. The optical arrangement of the FA and DFA versions is exactly the same (10 elements in 7 groups), only the coatings seem to have been changed and the diaphragm of the new lens reputedly has 9 blades instead of 8. I got this like-new FA copy for only 480 $ used on eBay from Japan, with caps, lens hood and an 82 mm Hoya multi-coated CPL, better than the 1700 $ asked for a used HD version (probably due to rarity instead of "highly superior quality"). I'm very satisfied with the results up to now. The lens remains very sharp from f/5.6 to f/32, permitting the use...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!