Review statistics for hansli
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.4 AL
Since I have have this plastic wonder it's my most used lens.

I just love 35mm on a cropped sensor, it gives me e very authentic feeling.

The reason I bought this lens is doing street-photography, and for this purpose it has some unique features:
- very fast AF (my other 35 is the famous SMC-K 35/3.5, which obviously is MF, and not thé thing for fast snapshots), even on a "slow" cam as the K10; on the K5 it's simply very, very fast.
- very good optical quality: it is sharp, has wonderfull colour-rendering, and a really nice Bokeh, better than the K (which, I must admit, is a little bit sharper)
- it does not look impressive at all, which means you don walk around with an impressive camera, and that's just what I want. I also own the DA-40mm, but that's just a little to tight for what I want.
- it's very lightweight, which makes it easy to just let the cam hang around your neck, and use it without even looking through the viewfinder: point, focus and click, even when riding the bike, which I love when taking pictures this way.

One could argue that the cheap build is a con, but for me it just isn't; it might be that the lens will not last as long as the K35, which is built for eternity, but then: I will not last forever either.

And the price is just stunning for all the pro's it has.
I'd like to give the lens a 9.5, but since that is not possible and this is really the lens I allways wanted I decided to just give it a 10

To finish this little revi...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!