Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for Pioneer
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-FA 645 45mm F2.8
For me this has been a really good lens. I use it as my walk around lens and have always been happy with my results. Certainly not the sharpest at f/2.8, but pretty good in the center. By f4 it is pretty nice and by f5.6 I have been very happy with it. For portrait work it is terrific.

It is light and very handy on the camera. The 67mm filter size requirement may be a problem if you need to use the lens hood all the time but if not, use a step up ring to 77mm.

Overall I really like this lens but it isn't the perfect choice for everyone. If you shoot architectural photos and need good sharpness across the frame then this lens is probably not the best one for you. The corners never do get as sharp as the center, and since the center is so good from f/5.6 onwards through f/22, the corners will be obvious if you need them to be sharp.

Next, if you like shooting directly into the sun then veiling lens flare will be a problem. If you don't use the hood even shots where the sun is outside of the frame in the corners will be a problem. However, with the lens hood I have no problem with these shots.

Finally, though this doesn't seem to cause problems for me on film, I understand that people who have used this with the digital 645 see some chromatic aberrations. Like I said, it hasn't been a problem for me but if you work with digital then you may need to use the lens corrections available in Camera Raw or in Lightroom.

For my photography I have been very, very happy wit...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!