Review statistics for wed7
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited DC WR
Let me begin by saying that I have tried all the DA limited lenses before I got this lens. My most favorite is the DA 21, followed by the DA 70 and the HD35 if you want super sharp images.

I bought this lens simply because of its the WR claim plus the rendering of a limited lens and the focal length is very ideal for my use as I really want a WR travel camera set up. Truly that the lens is light and a joy to hold because of the retro design and it is very light. The AF is silent but not that fast (maybe more on the slow side for me). The images that it produces are good but not that great as the 21 / 35 / 70. At 20 mm the HD 20-40 is sharp wide open but the 40mm f4 it is not. The color rendering, micro contrast is very nice and really punches as well as the micro contrast.

I think the lens should only cost about $500 brand new :)

If you plan get this lens and think that you can replace your existing 21/35 limited lenses, you might get frustrated as the primes produce better IQ overall. But if you want a small lens that is WR, silent, sexy and passable IQ during travel, this can do the job. :)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!