Review statistics for tim45000
Latest Review Posted S-M-C/Super-Takumar 135mm F3.5
I have never posted here before but am a lifelong Pentax user, for over 50 years. The reason I have broken my silence is that it seems some folks can't handle perfection and need to attack it, maybe because they are so flawed it makes them crazy. I am referring to the bashing this lens seems to get from a few sources, including right here on the forum. To start with nobody should buy this lens that is not really good with manual focus and expect to get good results wide open, this lens is razor sharp wide open but only if you nail focus and that takes allot of practice especially with this lens. This lens needs the lens hood YOU WILL NOT GET GREAT RESULTS WITHOUT IT! But if you use a lens hood and practice with this lens there is not a better 3.5 135 manual focus lens out there, period. I think I have used most of the M42 lenses by now and none of them is made like this lens, it is a joy to use, I think it is the very pinnacle of lens engineering art. So in conclusion if you are serious about photography and want to improve your skills as a photographer with maybe the best build lens ever offered, this lens will take you there, and you will have fun along the way. If you want something to take the picture for you to make up for your lack of skill don't bother with this lens.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!