Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for kpenske
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 ED AL [IF]
I may have rated this lens higher than some other folks did but that's because I know its limits and as a go-to lens it's performing fine, not perfect. Each rating I gave it was dependent on knowing where to get the good performance. Full zoom, a little soft. Good bokeh? Only on some settings which I won't go into here.

We now have two if these. The original one (bought new) had become a little dusty inside. Cleaning cost was close to the cost of this used one advertised in 90% new condition. It's in great shape. On the original lens I removed the front glass, cleaned the back or it and the front of the second element. I'm not about to go any further into the cleaning of deeper elements but it's now in great shape too. Dust was mostly in the front. So beware, if you drag your camera where we do, mountain trails, deserts, and filthy dusty abandoned buildings the seals may eventually allow dust inside.

If you use it awhile you'll understand its limits but overall it does fine for everyday shooting. If you want something perfect, use a fast prime. (I love old manual glass). If I could afford a faster zoom I'd have one. Fastest you'll get on this is f3.5. My wife uses it on road trips and often just grabs a quick shot from the car while moving. She's mastered its limits as I cannot get those shots like she does.

Negative (which you get used to) is that the lens must be locked with a tab to keep in fully retracted. Otherwise, while hanging from the camera strap the weig...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!