Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for Fontan
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Limited Macro
I don't know about you guys, but when all things - and when I say all thing I say all thing considered, I have been thinking more and more that this very lens could well be the best lens ever made.

I really don't care if it is a re-badge or whatever - it does not matter.

Sharpness is crazy. Reminiscent of Zeiss. If you are not getting the results, check your camera, or have you your lens checked. Although I don't think so, I suppose that is possible (to have a bad copy of this lens). Or neither there is something wrong with you. You should be able to get as sharp a result as anyone with almost any equipment.

Versatility is phenomenal. This can do it all. Not wide enough? Well, shoot pano and stitch them together. You will get amazing results.

Handling and manual focusing are as good as any lenses I have ever tried.

Sure, there are faster lenses at this focal length out there, I just cannot think of any lenses that comes this close to perfection.

AF is a bit to be desired. But this is not necessarily a knock not he lens itself. The screw drive is a old technology that wasn't very good. An update AF version of this lens ought to come out one day soon.

The only thing it is not for is 1:1 macro.

If I were to buy a Pentax APS-C today this is the lens I would get with it, unless of course you want to do 1:1.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!