Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for Sagitta
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.4
I pretty much stole this lens in an auction for under $15 bundled with a bunch of clunky budget lenses and a battered old ME.

I used the lens in a single in challenge to get to know it, and have come to love the thing for what it is - an old manual focus short telephoto (on a cropped sensor) with a blazing fast minimum aperture.

I suspect this lens will be directly responsible for me seeking out the other 1.4's available out there, and as such was a dangerous thing to acquire when one suffers from LBA.

I do have a number of other fast to not so fast 50's, and I can easily say its better than any of the rest of the 50's in my kit.

With careful use of focus peaking on the K-30 you can get some incredibly sharp shots with some incredib narrow depths of field.

Stopped down even slightly and the lens just gets sharper.

If I still had my K-x I'm sure that I would have not had nearly as much fun - that sliver of sharpness at 1.4 is incredibly tiny and my failure rate would have been a lot higher than with the newer camera.

I can't complain about the price - I could easily have paid 10x as much and still been happy.

I'd say that for anyone into old manual lenses (and even not so old) then this should probably be one of the 'must adds' to your kit simply because of how well it is made and the sheer fun of using this lens.

SI - March 22, 2013; Andrew by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!