Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for Mans Hagberg
Latest Review Posted Auto-Takumar 55mm F2.2
I have used this lens since 1962, but seldom nowadays. Extremely well built. My camera fell out of the bag and landed on hard ground with the lens taking the shock. For a year or two the focus ring was a bit stiff, but then okay again. Sharp, I used it for repro work after that incident and was impressed. I used a tripod an a measuring tape to focus correctly and it was spot-on. As my only lens I felt it was a bit too long and got a 24mm to complement it. I still use that 24mm lens. Also an 105mm that I was less impressed by. The main drawback is the semi-automatic diagraphm. You cock it separately, and when the shutter is pressed the viewfinder dims to the aperture set. I guess that is a no-problem if you use a digital camera and Live Wiew. The optical formula is a classic Biotar as per the Zeiss invention by Willi Merté. I do not look for bokeh and set an "8" a bit offhand.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!