Review statistics for garywakeling
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-M* 67 400mm F4 ED [IF]
There hasn't been a review of this lens for 5 years so I thought I should give a review using the current Pentax digital camera. I couldn't be more impressed with the 67 M* 400mm f4 ED(IF). I have used it on the 67II and had excellent results on film, however I thought the K1 and digital sensor might be a little too challenging for this old workhorse. Nope , everything I threw at it turned out fine, the only limitation was me. I tried shooting into the sun, macro, teleconverters. Not a single time was I able to notice any issues with the image quality. Mounted on the K1 with the original Pentax 67 K adapter, it was easy to go from landscape to portrait orientation with the turn of a small locking screw, it is best to rotate it so that the grip is at the bottom rather than the top otherwise it is a little hard to loosen/tighten the screw on the converter. The lens has a slot for a polariser in the body of the lens and a little wheel lets you turn the polariser without taking it out of the lens, very handy. Not quite as handy was the weight of the combo, basically it was always used on either a sturdy Manfrotto monopod or tripod. The lens has a tripod foot that balances nicely on the monopod and the K1 with battery grip was easy to work with. Compared to the 150-450 you miss out on autofocus, however the image quality is better than the modern zoom at the long end. Paired with the AF 1.7x converter, it makes a pretty good wildlife combo for chasing little critters. Sometimes th...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!