Review statistics for Dan
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited DC WR
This is a great little lens. When it first came out I wasn't interested, because most of the reviews from the major review sites were underwhelming. But as reviews from actual users started to accumulate I noticed that they were almost universally positive. Could all of these users be wrong? I decided to take a chance, and grabbed one when it went on sale. I am glad that I did. The lens is very sharp, it is a joy to handle, and it has great build quality. It also has excellent flare resistance--not just for a zoom, but for any lens.

The lens does suffer from a small amount of field curvature, so very careful focusing is required to get optimal results across the frame. Once you learn the optimal focus points it is extremely sharp across the frame (when stopped down). This, combined its small size and great flare resistance, makes it ideal for travel photography.

While the range of focal lengths seems a bit narrow, I find it to be a very useful range. I have a wide range of lenses, from 8mm to 400mm. But I noticed that about 90% of my photos are taken with lenses in the 20mm to 40mm range, so the range of this lens suits me just fine.

The lens is a real gem!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!