Review statistics for pakinjapan
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 Limited
It used to have a FA20 and now DA21. This review will be more of “what I feel” between using 21 and 20. Sharpness: I equally satisfy with 21 as I did with the 20. Both are sharp. I mostly use both lenses for night cityscapes / long exposure type of shooting. There are a few trick to get the most out of wide angle lens when focus at infinity for landscape photography which I am not going to mention here, but you can read a more extensive explanation from this page. The author did quite a good job explaining using real world example + offering tips. Build / Handling: I am not a fan of pancake lens. In fact I like the size of FA20 a lot more but when talk about build quality; you cannot go wrong with the limited. I prefer the build quality of 21. Focus ring on 21 is small but don’t let the size fool you. You will get a sense of preciseness when rotate the focus ring, solid in hand and easier to handle when manual focus compare to that on FA20. Price: FA20 used is about the same as a brand new 21. However I went with 20 at first because back then, I planned to move up to FF. 20 didn’t disappoint me in term of image quality but now I put my FF upgrade on hold. Since I will stick with APS-C for a while I think it is a no-brainer for APS-C shooter to get a 21 rather than pay extra for the 20. One more point I want to make here is; my 20 later on has an internal problem with its focus mechanism. Something seems to be broken inside out of the blue. I can hear strang...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!